Zeiss Conquest V6 Tracking

I am in market for new scope but don't want the weight of some of the higher end scopes and I'm not mortgaging a March. The Zeiss seemed to have it all but after hearing this well I'm a little disappointed. 2K for a scope that does not track properly. Maybe back to drawing board.
Keep us posted though as I'm in no hurry to buy but want something soon.
I have one and no problems.

I know a long range gunsmith and competition shooter. I was talking to him about getting a V6. He said he has the V6 on two rifles and thinks they're great scopes. I bought one based on his recommendation, but have yet to put it on a gun.

I think the overall consensus of those that own them have been good i've just gotten a lemon. Buddy on the hide loves his. I should be going back on the 7th for about 5 days then and will know how it's holding up.

I got back out this weekend it's holding zero just fine. I couldn't remember if i put it on paper since getting it back from zeiss but i checked it again this weekend and ran it to 800yds.

Great to hear. I snagged a v4 for a very good price as a test run. Impressed so far

When I tested the return to zero on my V6 3-18x50, I dialed from my zero all the way to the top of the elevation travel, which is ~60 MOA. I then dialed back down to zero and repeated the procedure between five shots. The V6 returned to zero every time.

I'd like to bump this thread, I'm considering a V6 3-18x50 for a light weight, long range rifle. I was hoping not to have to buy a NF so I can save 1/2lb.

For the most part people seem to really like these scopes, and in any "review" I've read they've all seemed to track perfectly. I've owned a bunch of Zeiss and leupolds in the past, four VX-6's, one of them being a VX-6HD. Out of all of the Zeiss and Leupolds I've owned only one had to be sent back for warranty and it happened to be the VX-6HD, it had a flake on the lens inside the tube.

I want this scope for a hunting rifle that I'll do some long range shooting off the bench for fun, I'm wondering if it's worth the extra $600 to go with a Nightforce ATACR 4-16x42? The one thing I'm a little leery about is the exposed windage turret on the Zeiss, I wonder if it'll move from zero from packing it around?

I've never had them move on any of my Zeiss V6 scopes. Besides just take a quick look before firing.

It's no problem to take a look before firing so long as you're not looking at a 195" whitetail, sometimes I don't have time to run through the entire checklist before pulling the trigger. I don't really see it as being a problem, I just don't have any first hand expirience with the V6 model to know. I like the capped turrets the V4 models offer, I wish they did the same for the V6.

I thought I updated this. So turned out the V6 was fine. Sent it to Zeiss they checked it didn't find any error. Came back was still having shifts. Turns out it was because i did load development with the Omega on dad's 6.5 SAUM put it back on and it held zero fine. So there was supposed to be little to no zero shift on Area 419s adapter system but i think it's because the 3B is just too thin. There is little shift on my heavy palma moving from all three cans. But on dads it's apparent he has to shoot it with the Omega.

So all that blasting of the V6 and it wasn't even the scope? You should go back and change your post all over the place. Zeiss is a real company and i'm sure you cost them money by spreading all the claimed tracking issues.

So all that blasting of the V6 and it wasn't even the scope? You should go back and change your post all over the place. Zeiss is a real company and i'm sure you cost them money by spreading all the claimed tracking issues.
Do you work for Zeiss or something? Never seen someone get so upset over misplaced criticism. I sure hope you fault the companies as much when they do field a lemon because none of them are perfect just as I'm not. Spreading acclaimed tracking issues? For a sample size of one? Yeah no i didn't really do that. Nowhere did i condemn the entire lineup i said i thought i got a lemon that it happens which it does no company is perfect and neither am i. I was wrong never seen a shift so prominent going from can to can.

But no never "blasted" the v6 just thought ours wasn't tracking. Admittedly i don't think it's worth the retail price versus what i could get at similar but that's personal preference of glass quality.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.