Zeiss Conquest V6 Tracking

seekoutside

Can anyone point me to any video of track testing for the V6? Is there any other information out there relevant to testing the repeatability of this scope other than, "we shot it a bunch of times and it seemed to work"?

While i haven't tested it on a jig, we had the most bizarre incident that would lead me to believe ours isn't tracking. I zero'd the gun for my dad. It sits atop a 6.5 GAP 4S. Ran it out to 600yds to confirm DOPE. Left it with him. He kept missing deer. The first couple he didn't have the range finder so i chalked it up to that. Then he missed a 150ish class 9 point with the range finder. I took it back to the range, it was 10" high and to the left. I re-zero'd and we've not had issues since but i'm still left not feeling too confident about the optic. He took a small buck at 425 shortly after, probably still needs looking at once hunting season is over.

While i haven't tested it on a jig, we had the most bizarre incident that would lead me to believe ours isn't tracking. I zero'd the gun for my dad. It sits atop a 6.5 GAP 4S. Ran it out to 600yds to confirm DOPE. Left it with him. He kept missing deer. The first couple he didn't have the range finder so i chalked it up to that. Then he missed a 150ish class 9 point with the range finder. I took it back to the range, it was 10" high and to the left. I re-zero'd and we've not had issues since but i'm still left not feeling too confident about the optic. He took a small buck at 425 shortly after, probably still needs looking at once hunting season is over.

5r, I saw on sniper hide you had another issue and were sending the v6 back to Zeiss about a month ago. Any more progress on that?

Yours is the only real world experience I can find on this scope it seems.

5r, I saw on sniper hide you had another issue and were sending the v6 back to Zeiss about a month ago. Any more progress on that?

Yours is the only real world experience I can find on this scope it seems.

I haven't gotten it back yet, they finally accepted it and are evaluating it i assume. The longest time i thought they were going to respond and tell me to ship it. Apparently you just fill out the RMA and ship it, and they'll go from there.

I can't think of another thing that would be wrong with it. I did however have to seriously muscle the parallax to turn it when i first got the scope. Like break it free to get it to turn. Maybe that was the issue? Either way that was the only explanation that i could find for the unrepeatable zero.

I wouldn't trust a Zeiss on any **** thing. I've had and shot at least 10 with tracking issues. Even their higher end Divare wouldn't track worth a crap. My neighbor 2 years ago had 4 and none worked right. He kept using different rifle builders for his custom guns and it was his scopes all along.

That's a shame, I was expecting the glass on the v6 to be quite tremendous for the price point

Zeissrepair.PNG

It is indeed messed up in some form or fashion. Given a buddy of mine who just picked up a VX6HD is thoroughly impressed with it and i've been thoroughly impressed with the Mark 5HD, i think that i'm going to push Dad to get a 4-24x52 if he needs a replacement. The Zeiss for the money glass wise is a good scope but it's about DMR II/HDMR II in resolution, with much better CA control and better edge to edge clarity. Nowhere near my USO or Mark 5HD though.

Seem you like the mark 5hd?

I'm super scared off of leupold recently from people on here talking about return to zero issues. Then again Internet experiences can quickly have you fooled by randomness.

I do. I ran it out to 1000yds without issue. I haven't done a tall tracking test or anything like that but i'm assuming if the reticle was canted my results would've been much worse at that F-class match. I'm selling because i'm finding myself not liking the H59 as much as i thought i would. Finally used in competition and it slowed me down compared to a SKMR3 or EBR7B on the hold over stage. I do wish the clicks had a little more resistance click to click but that is nit picking. The The glass is phenomenal for the money. They're still overcharging for illumination and certainly need more reticle options besides Horus that aren't associated with the upcharge as the TMR is outdated but overall it's a big step in the right direction for Leupold. Lots of guys at the hide have them and all the results are positive, including my own. I pitted it directly against a NF ATACR 5-25x56 F1 and while it didn't have the contrast or quite as good of CA control, i couldn't tell a difference in resolution.

It's the only scope i've ever purchased that has hands down beat my USO SN-3. If Leupold had something reminiscent of the EBR7B or SKMR3 i'd just try to trade up for one of those. I still want a 3.6-18 for a gas gun as thus far ILya has been very impressed with his and multiple people that have them are saying they've fixed the issues that the mark 6 was plagued with.

I do. I ran it out to 1000yds without issue. I haven't done a tall tracking test or anything like that but i'm assuming if the reticle was canted my results would've been much worse at that F-class match. The glass is phenomenal for the money. I still want a 3.6-18 for a gas gun as thus far ILya has been very impressed with his and multiple people that have them are saying they've fixed the issues that the mark 6 was plagued with.

Thanks, very useful information. That 3ish to 18ish range is right up my alley I think, and why I was interested in the v6. Great glass and a usable zoom range that is useful for both long range target, and for carrying on backcountry hunts.

Np, i know there aren't that many official reviews of the mark 5, so i took a bit of a leap of faith to try one, which saved me money over an AMG or 624i and other than the minor complaints haven't been disappointed. FWIW i've been burned by Leupold, my Mark 6 was the worst scope i've ever had, especially considering the price. I hated it. Glass was sub-par for the price, eyebox was the tightest i'd ever gotten behind, clicks with the M5B2 knobs were terrible, and it was 2/10ths off. Leupold took care of the owner i traded it to though which is good. They do stand behind their product. I was a little weary with the MK5HD but after seeing some positive reviews from the hide and talking to a couple of leupold reps on the design team that stressed that they intended to get tracking down this time i jumped on one.

Hopefully the Zeiss doesn't take too long to come back. I'd love to get my hands on a VX6HD to see how i like it.

Np, i know there aren't that many official reviews of the mark 5, so i took a bit of a leap of faith to try one, which saved me money over an AMG or 624i and other than the minor complaints haven't been disappointed. FWIW i've been burned by Leupold, my Mark 6 was the worst scope i've ever had, especially considering the price. I hated it. Glass was sub-par for the price, eyebox was the tightest i'd ever gotten behind, clicks with the M5B2 knobs were terrible, and it was 2/10ths off. Leupold took care of the owner i traded it to though which is good. They do stand behind their product. I was a little weary with the MK5HD but after seeing some positive reviews from the hide and talking to a couple of leupold reps on the design team that stressed that they intended to get tracking down this time i jumped on one.

Hopefully the Zeiss doesn't take too long to come back. I'd love to get my hands on a VX6HD to see how i like it.

I know this is a relatively old thread now but its still some of the more relevant real life V6 experience... progress on this whole issue so far?

We've gotten it back now but i have yet to rezero i think. I might find out this weekend if it's still holding zero. I haven't been home in two months since dental school started. I'll know for sure in November. I still wish i could've gotten him to go with NF personally or TT. We shall see though.

I am in market for new scope but don't want the weight of some of the higher end scopes and I'm not mortgaging a March. The Zeiss seemed to have it all but after hearing this well I'm a little disappointed. 2K for a scope that does not track properly. Maybe back to drawing board.
Keep us posted though as I'm in no hurry to buy but want something soon.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.