Zeiss Conquest Rapid-Z Recticle

cmiller36

Hi all,

I'm considering getting a Zeiss Conquest 4.5-14x44 or 50 to mount on a Remington 700 Sendero chambered in a 7mm mag. My question is about the Rapid-Z recticle. I've checked it out on the Zeiss website and I like what I've seen so far. I would go with the Rapid-Z 800 recticle as the 1000 seems pretty cluttered. First question is if the 800 recticle can shoot 800+ yards. I'd like to be able to shoot 1000 yards in a perfect world. Second question is about hold-under. Zeiss says the scope comes zeroed at 200 yards. It has plenty of info about hold-over, but I didnt' see anything about hold-under. What if I want to shoot 100 yards? Anyone out there with any experience with this that would mind offering some opinions/answers? Thanks.

I have not used a zeiss . but I use Burris and Leupold . I zero at 200 yds also . with a 200 yds zero you will only be about 2 inches high at 100 yds . so that should be ok for hunting . to be able to shoot out to 1000 yds using hold overs , you need a scope with the hold over marks for that distance . I think the 800 reticle is good to 800 yds , because you have no more hold over marks for the longer distances . you really need to shoot this scope on your rifle to verify how accurate things work out also .velocity , bullet weight , and bullet BC , all come into play here . I hope this helps . Jim

I have the Z600 model for a 25-06. What I can tell you is that these scopes also have elevation and windage turrets that you can reset to zero after sighting in, so that you could find out how many MOA of elev adjust you need at ranges beyond what the farthest reticle will hold. You may need to go to the range and play with it a little, but it should work.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts