Zeiss conquest Rapid z

Discussion in 'Long Range Scopes and Other Optics' started by bstomper, Nov 20, 2011.

1. bstomper

bstomper Well-Known Member

Does the rapid Z system that the zeiss scopes use work and are they accurate. I have been on their web site and I understand how they work but I just want to hear from some users on how accurately they work.

2. venatic

venatic Well-Known Member

I have one on my .223 AR a rapid Z 600. I used the calculator on the web site to get the exact power to put it on for my 60gr Berger load which was 7.5X. I then took it to the range and it was on the money out to 600yds as far as elevation went. I still had to figure windage which the hash marks for windage helped as well.
    I will assume you realize that beyond your sight-in( which mine is 200yds) that you will have to set the power ring at a specific powder for it to be on target beyond 200 yards.

3. Dalebow

Dalebow Well-Known Member

same for me 3.5-1- X 44 rapid Z, 300wsm on at 9.52 out to 600, loved it.
    Dale

4. bstomper

Thanks for the replys guys. Yes I do realize that past the 200 yard sight in I have to use the optimal power range for accurate shooting. I just wanted to know if the system worked or not out to the extended ranges. I am looking for a scope for my 7mm rem mag and want to get a good scope the first time. I have a buddy that has a conquest scope and he loves it but it doesn't have the rapid z reticle. I have scoured this site for information on the scopes and they have pretty good reviews, but not much on the rapid z part.
    I have contacted Ziess customer support and they told me for the 7mm rem mag, the rapid z 800 would best suit it.

5. tpbscha

tpbscha Well-Known Member

Works great on my 338RUM out to 600yds which is as far as I've shot. I have the 4.5-14x44 Rapid-Z 800. Great hunting reticle though it is a little heavy for serious target shooting.

6. brentc

brentc Well-Known Member

I have two rapid z on guns in my safe. One is the rapid z 600 the other is the 800. I love em' for how I use them. My 800 is set up for dual use with knobs. Some people complain about the reticle on the 800 being too thick, but I've never had a problem shooting bug holes with it. I actually like the thickness in low light. That reticle and Zeiss lenses make a nice combo.

7. Sandman

Sandman Member

I have been using a zeis conquest 4.5 x 14 rapid z 8oo this hunting season. I love it. Very fast and accurate if you know your muzzle velocity and use the zeis website to optimize the various holdover bars. The glass is very clear. I suggest testing the scope set at your optimized power to make sure the wind bars work for your caliber. Personally, I prefer to dial the scope, but out to a reasonable distance of 500 -600 yds or so, this scope is very fast.

I will be changing all of my hunting rifles to this scope as time and money permits.

8. bstomper

Thanks guys those are the type of replys I was looking for.