Zeiss Conquest HD5 5-25 x 50

mosh338

Hi All

I purchased a Zeiss Conquest HD5 5-25x50 for my Remington 300 Win Mag. I am having problems setting the parallax at 200m. I find that I can get the image extremely sharp but I struggle getting the reticle to remain still when I move my eye. There seems to be a lot of movement which indicates parallax. What do I do to try and get rid of the prallax?

Thanks

If the reticle is moving, you still have parallax. The numbers on your parallax knob are a quick reference only, they are not exact. Keep adjusting the knob until the parallax is gone; even if it ends up on 150 or 300 it makes no difference to the scope but will help you immensely.

t

Thanks for the reply

I have not been looking at the yard nos. But I cant seem to get it to remain still. Or if it does the target is completely out of focus

I have a Vortex HSLR that is kinda the same way. When the look is crystal there is parallax but to remove the parallax means to lose some clarity. With mine the difference is not enough for concern but if yours really gets out of focus you might want the factory to take a look.

Thanks for the reply

If possible please could you let me know what the correct process and sequence is in getting the scope adjusted

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.