Zeiss Conquest 6.5-20X50 base question.

fishwater

So I have a standard Vanguard .22-250, and I just ordered a new Conquest 6.5-20X50 with the RapidZ Varmint reticle. I was reading through the manual online and it says I need a 20MOA base...
The scope has 45" of elevation adjustment.

I am just starting out in LRH, so I am seeking a little advice before I purchase new mounting hardware, and yes I did a bunch of searching already!

My questions are, will I even be able to hit a 200yd zero with my standard height Talley's I have now. I have read people were not able to hit 100, but would I be able to do 200? If so, I would then have hold points out to 600. I could probably live with that...

I am getting an android phone along with the Shooter app next week, I know that >600 is asking a lot for the .22-250, but I wouldn't mind being able to play around with it a little at longer ranges. I will most likely just bite the bullet here and drop the $150+ on a new base and rings...

What height rings am I looking for (bell is 56mm,) will I be able to get away with med's? I don't really want to buy a $80-$100 set of rings online and wait for them, only to find they don't fit, and then deal with returning them!

I have found the EGW and Warne 20moa bases so far, and heard talk of a NF one as well. Any reccomendations on this?

A little background info: I did a trigger job on the gun myself, and it has a clean 1.5Lb pull with zero creep. I also reload, and I am shooting 55gr Nosler varmints behind 34.5gr of IMR4895, that should be around 3600fps. (I have a chronograph, but I have not had the chance to send any of these rounds over it yet.)

Thanks, Brandon.

Last edited:
That round has about 13 moa of drop at 600 yds. It's probably supersonic past 700 yds, even at sea level.

You probably can use standard bases. I recommend you get Burris Signature rings (tall). If your base/ receiver is off boresight, you can fix it by getting extra offset inserts.

Seekins Precision web site has a ring and base calculater on it,nice mounts,may help

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.