Zeiss Conquest 6.5-20x50 Target model Q's

7mmaniac

Does anyone have any experience or good information concerning this scope? It'll go on a Heavy .308win in a A-5 Tactical. I trust Conquests for typical hunting rifles, but have never twisted 'em up and down enough to be confident in their long range abilities.

6.5-20x50 side parallax ajdustment mildot-reticle $679.00 at camerlandny, on sale. About $300 off the regular price.

I wouldn't even be concerned about it. They'll do!

I don't have that exact model, but the one I do have is flawless as any other scope in that department.

Just my opinion.

6.5 x 20 x 50

For you guys that have this scope if mounted on a 20 moa base what kind of distance can you get out to. I know it depends on the caliber but just looking for a ball park. I am having a .338/300 A.I. built and will be shooting 300 gr smk

asa,

I've got a 6.5x20 on a 300WM and one on a 6.5-284, both are mounted in burris sig. rings so that I have around 34 moa on the upside. Both get me past 1k with a little to spare.

Chris

Zeiss

Does anyone have any experience or good information concerning this scope? It'll go on a Heavy .308win in a A-5 Tactical. I trust Conquests for typical hunting rifles, but have never twisted 'em up and down enough to be confident in their long range abilities.

6.5-20x50 side parallax ajdustment mildot-reticle $679.00 at camerlandny, on sale. About $300 off the regular price.

I have that exact Zeiss mounted on a Rem 700 LSS 338 Rum. Mounted in Burris Sig rings. Had some problems at first, adj were not precise--wasn't repeatable. My first one had target turrets, when it was back for repair, they ended up just replacing it. I was given the option of swapping it out for one with hunting turrets. Which I took, only takes a moment to remove the cap. To me those target turrets seem to vunerable on a rugged hunt.
Had this one on two hunts, AK & CO. The AK hunt was horseback, so it seen quite abit of scabbard time.
Since I got it sorted out its been a great scope, no problems.
BTW; My so called dealer price from JSC is $770.00 in their latest catalog.
I'm also in the market for a scope, having a 338-300 RUM built. I've had the oppoortunity to check out Nightforce, but fot my vision these Zeiss scopes are the way to go, at half the price.

Zeiss 6.5-20-50 Conquest

I agree whole heartedly with "Philny1" as to the target turrets. Decided they were too likley to become damaged climing arround on the rocks goat hunting. Use it almost exclusively on the range or in the open looking for coyotes now. It is mounted on a CZ 550 varmit & repeatability of the scope is 100% More surprisingly another Zeiss fixed 6 power that I shoot also on a CZ and with CZ quick detatchable rings is also dead on. My experiance with the Zeiss scopes is excellent. With the power turned up it may take a little getting used to the eye relief. I believe they give a brighter image than my Bushnell4200 - but having said that look at the cost difference! By the way your cost mentioned is half what I paid for my scope and I fell that I got a "deal and a half "!

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.