Your pick 7mm

Who's time is almost over???

Screw that!!! I am a law-abiding citizen with a clean record.

But if they make owning guns illegal...On that day, I will officially become an outlaw.

My guns are to feed me, protect me, and to enjoy shooting. I legally bought them, paid for them, and I own them. And ain't no greedy stupid liberal *** gonna get their grubby hands on them!

Originally Posted by idaho elk hunter
I can tell you the 7mm Rem is hard to beat. Some loading books have it loaded down to 7-08 velocities and you can work 180 gr loads up to almost 3100. It can be downloaded to be great for a small child or loaded up to out pound a 300 win mag. its about choosing the right bullet off of strength and capability ( not BC) and shot placement. !

Once again I am not talking about your rifle creation. I have never seen it so how can I doubt it? But again the above quote is what I would like you to back up with factual data.

It is these kind of statements from you that so often I do not agree with and would like you to confirm it.

So again I will ask. What is your load in a factory 7mm REM that you talked about in your quoted statement above with a 180 that will go 3100 fps, and will "out pound" a factory chambered 300 win with a 215 Berger at 3K plus?

The 215 / 300 win load has been duplicated many times on this board by more than a few members. I have worked with some of these rifle too. So I know my personal rig is not a fluke. I have a couple high quality chrono's to test with and have confirmed drops. Now can you support what you stated earlier?

Jeff

The 195 gr bullet has a shorter bearing surface than the 180 VLD.

I guess I should clarify... When I say "180" I'm referring to the the Hybrid and not the VLD. I would find it extraordinary if the 195 EOL had a shorter bearing surface than the Hybrid. the VLD bearing surface is .541 vs the Hybrid at .459 That is a big difference. Berger has stretched the hybrids as far as they can be stretched. I don't think there is a better form factor. The only way to improve it would be to make the core more dense.

Do you know the bearing surface length of the EOL?

I asked the question everyone else beat it to death

Yup, that's stirring the pot...

but then thats why we are all here. If we all shot the same Caliber and had the same views and experiances this sight would have faded away. Thats what makes if fun, long after we are all gone people will, hopefully, still be sitting around campfires discussing all of this again.

Arguing gets old... believe it or not

The Judge rulled that their was consensual sex and that the 14 year old was aware of what was happening. However 49 and 14, the mother of the 14 year old when hearing the sentence had to be romoved from the court room as she kept yelling "this sucks" I dont blame her .........since her daughter committed suicide two years later. As for the judge and the teacher they should have been stung up that night. I dont know what its going to take to take back our country, I have a feeling that its pretty much gone and there is no turning back.......

Yeah, I found the story. The judge should at least resign. As for stringing the guy up, I don't know, I could make a better judgement if I had all the details. I've made my opinion known as far as forced/violent rape is concerned.

We have "Burning Man" gonig on in our area.................40,000 people that get to gether out on the plya and do what ever they want ..............you can't even imagine what goes on out there. I have never been out there but people who have say that your imagination cant comprehend the vile filth that goes on.
Those of us on this sight are a dying breed and our time enjoying what we love is almost over.

G

That sounds pretty sick... we may be a minority, but there are others growing up to fill our shoes.

Your 49 and you have sex with a 14 year old thats Rape................for anyone.

Dont ask a question and you will never stir the Pot......................

As Gun owners its just a matter of time until we all become Felons. You either turn your guns in or go to jail. They will freze your assets ................We are heading in the same direction as Germany under Hitler. We dont have a democracy anymore but a Communits one party system run by a dictator.

As much as we want to beleive that we are law abinding people, right now it wont be long and we will become felons ..................Somehow we want to beleive that its our Constitutional right to keep and bear arms but our leaders dont give a rats *** about the Constitution that so many of us fought for ............The Constitution is Dead and so is the Second amendment............its just a matter of time ................a very short time.

Your 49 and you have sex with a 14 year old thats Rape................for anyone.

Dont ask a question and you will never stir the Pot......................

As Gun owners its just a matter of time until we all become Felons. You either turn your guns in or go to jail. They will freze your assets ................We are heading in the same direction as Germany under Hitler. We dont have a democracy anymore but a Communits one party system run by a dictator.

As much as we want to beleive that we are law abinding people, right now it wont be long and we will become felons ..................Somehow we want to beleive that its our Constitutional right to keep and bear arms but our leaders dont give a rats *** about the Constitution that so many of us fought for ............The Constitution is Dead and so is the Second amendment............its just a matter of time ................a very short time.

You could be right, or you could be wrong. In the mean time, I wouldn't stop living...

Personally I'd run a 7stw
Defiance action
If its a walking rifle then a #4 if its a sit and watch rifle a sendero contour Krieger 9t
Hs precision stock
Topped with night force rings and a 5.5-22nxs with my preference is the npr2
Jewel trigger
I use the 162 Amax out of my stw with great results on both elk and deer
Probably would run a 26in barrel on a walking rifle and 28 on a sit and watch rifle

[/I][/I]

Once again I am not talking about your rifle creation. I have never seen it so how can I doubt it? But again the above quote is what I would like you to back up with factual data.

It is these kind of statements from you that so often I do not agree with and would like you to confirm it.

So again I will ask. What is your load in a factory 7mm REM that you talked about in your quoted statement above with a 180 that will go 3100 fps, and will "out pound" a factory chambered 300 win with a 215 Berger at 3K plus?

The 215 / 300 win load has been duplicated many times on this board by more than a few members. I have worked with some of these rifle too. So I know my personal rig is not a fluke. I have a couple high quality chrono's to test with and have confirmed drops. Now can you support what you stated earlier?

Jeff
Jeff I believe you do shoot some and probably reload. You want to argue and I am not about that and wont render this forum to that. I stipulated the loads earlier and you call what I build HOT RODS to justify your intellect to others on this forum. I believe they are not hot rods but modified from factory form to shoot better. That the object of all gun builders, Powder manufactures and bullet manufactures. Do You call all new products hot rods just because they are not what you do or use? Anyone that understands Sectional Density, Ballistic Coefficient AND FORM FACTOR will agree the 284 diameter will out fly the 308 diameter with VERY FEW EXCEPTIONS. Facts are facts. Any other readers of this Please call Berger or Nosler and discuss this with the pros that KNOW WHAT THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT.

Could you please support these statements with some facts from your personal experience?

I have never gotten a 7 Rem to 3100 with a 180 and would like to know what you used to do so.

Also, what load (bullet weight , powder and muzzle velocity and distance) will "out pound" a 300 win with a 215 Berger loaded to 3035 fps with H-1000. I have seen 3050 across an Oehler 35 and Magneto speed and my drops are on to a mile and all between, with my data. So I would like to ask you to support with facts. I have seen you post this info several times so I would like to see how this works, and to what distance it holds water, if it does.

Thanks
Jeff

I sorta agree with Jeff. I think maybe people are a little stuck in the past back before the super efficient .30 cal VLD's in assuming a 7mm bor Diameter has magic properties. I got my 208GR Amax to 2950 shouting 1/3 MOA groups and validated that data out to 1400 yards. That is pretty bad medicine on just about anything that walk the earth even at 1K Never had an Amax come apart on me. You would have to push a 180 GR pretty darn fast to out power the listed load above at 800 yards.

Given only the choice of 7mm I would go 7mm-08 and limit shot to within 600 yards on game but that's just me.

Personally I'd run a 7stw
Defiance action
If its a walking rifle then a #4 if its a sit and watch rifle a sendero contour Krieger 9t
Hs precision stock
Topped with night force rings and a 5.5-22nxs with my preference is the npr2
Jewel trigger
I use the 162 Amax out of my stw with great results on both elk and deer
Probably would run a 26in barrel on a walking rifle and 28 on a sit and watch rifle

Good point,
do you want want to carry the thing over hills and drive and sit.

Jeff I believe you do shoot some and probably reload. You want to argue and I am not about that and wont render this forum to that. I stipulated the loads earlier and you call what I build HOT RODS to justify your intellect to others on this forum. I believe they are not hot rods but modified from factory form to shoot better. That the object of all gun builders, Powder manufactures and bullet manufactures. Do You call all new products hot rods just because they are not what you do or use? Anyone that understands Sectional Density, Ballistic Coefficient AND FORM FACTOR will agree the 284 diameter will out fly the 308 diameter with VERY FEW EXCEPTIONS. Facts are facts. Any other readers of this Please call Berger or Nosler and discuss this with the pros that KNOW WHAT THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT.

No, I am not wanting to argue. You stated, and I quote you again

"I can tell you the 7mm Rem is hard to beat. Some loading books have it loaded down to 7-08 velocities and you can work 180 gr loads up to almost 3100. It can be downloaded to be great for a small child or loaded up to out pound a 300 win mag."

You said that a 7 REM can be loaded to "out pound a 300 win mag" I simply want you to support this statement with what you use for bullet weight, powder and charge weight in a 7 mm Rem to " OUT POUND" a 300 win and at what distance you get this?

Is it wrong to question a post when you do not agree with it?

Would it have been better to just call BS. I am giving you the benefit of the doubt and asked for clarification.

I am not talking about any modified 7mm or modified 300. I know what they are both capable of. What I don't know is how you get a 7 REM to "out pound" a 300 win.

Again please don't take this a stray to modified 7's and 30's, in the post I quoted, you were not talking about modified rifles or cases. You stated 7 Rem. I don't know how I can make it any clearer.

If you "mis spoke" like some of the politician's do at times then simply say I was wrong and go on. But please stop alluding the simple question with curve balls about me picking on you, or straying this into a 7 / 30 debate. I am not putting down the 7's. Many here know I have built quite a few and that I happen to like 7's and know what they are capable of.

So, once again sir, what is your 7mm rem load that will "out Pound" a 300 win.

Thank you.
Jeff

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.