Your opinion

Greg Duerr

I have a Leupold 4.5-14 with the CDS and was looking to upgrade to a new scope around $1200 Would appreciate your recomendations

It will be on a Custom 6.5 CM

Take some time and look at the fit sale section, I bet you will find lots of lightly used scopes in great condition.

Oh jeez, you are going to get a laundry list of opinions on what glass you should get.......the best answer is the one that best fits your needs, is the clearest to your eye, has the functionality you want, and is in your price range. I suggest going to your local optic dealer or Sportsman Show to check them all out, then make an informed decision.

You might do well to better qualify your position on the scope you have there Greg. What do you find the weaknesses of your 4.5-14 to be?

Does the variable eye relief bother you?
Does the magnification range work well for you? Do you wish for more mag on the top end, or less on the bottom, or both?

There are some really experienced and qualified voices on this forum, but without providing any background your question is difficult to answer.

Is a Ferrari better than a Land Rover? It really depends on which roads you intend to drive.

I think any scope in that price range should be decent, However I would go to a store that had a variety, Cabela's, Gander Outdoors, Bass Pro and look through each one that appeals to you, a lot of things are personal preference, like type of crosshair, magnification, EXC. and also what is clear to your eyes. Then when your done there, get on some of the different forums and ask what they like, as you did here. After you have all the imfo. make your own decision, you are the one that has to be TOTALY satisfied with it. Good luck. May 2018 be your best year yet.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.