Your opinion and experiance

Greg Duerr

So far i see that there are two long range scopes one would be the Turrent elevation and the other would be like the ART or the Velocity on the Night force........both seem to work.

In your experaince what system works the best for you and why. I have not used either one, being new to all of this.

I got interested in all of this a few years ago while Deer hunting in Nevada. I glassed the biggest Mule Deer buck I have ever seen in the Wild. Conservative estimate would be that he had a 36" outside spread with massive bases. A huge perfect 5x5 You see he was about 500 yards away and for me and anyone else I hunted with 500 yards was toatlly irresponsible of a shot so I just watched as he walk away.
Even today I can visualize that buck just standing there broadside, what an impressive buck he was.

For you guys on this sight I would guess that he would be on your living room wall.....................

I often would pick out a spot that I ranged that was 500 yards out and ask the guys I hunt with if they would take a shot that far away and the common answer is NO! Thats Crazy.........................

G

Shot at men 500 yards away with iron sights.....not afraid of a deer. I dont think Id try it on a mule deer..too small a target at 500 but an elk....moose...hereford bull at 500 with the right rifle and scope....yep...Id give it a try for a record setter.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.