Wyoming is the only state that loves me

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by 300 ultra, Jun 27, 2011.

1. 300 ultra

300 ultra Well-Known Member

I drew my Deer and Antelope tags for the 7th or 8th year in a row.(Cant Remember) Put in for 5 states and never draw anything but Wyoming. I have 15 points in Oregon for Antelope and still have never drawn but I have shot 7 in wyoming. I love the special tag option. Whats a extra $500 to draw a Deer and Antelope tag every year.

2. WyoElk2Hunt

WyoElk2Hunt Well-Known Member

Congrats on the draw wyo like your money sounds like.

3. 270winshort

270winshort Well-Known Member

wyoming is a great state be sure and love her back

4. HARPERC

HARPERC Well-Known Member

Wyoming's one of my favorite places-addictive actually. Oregon I'm right behind you 14 points I think, Nevada 11, Washington 14, Utah 4 or 5,... no joy this year though. Getting to the place where we should be allowed to make these part of our estate-pass em down to the kids.
    We have a bit more time these days and might start using these non-resident licenses to hunt predators and such. Good opportunity to visit new areas.
    ......IF !!!!!!!!!!!!! That corrupt, arrogant, ignorant, SOB in Montana, that calls himself a judge (Molloy) has an epiphany and sees the ghost of Big Game past, present, and future, and rules the Canadian grey wolf is not an endangered species, we'll chase them around a bit in Idaho over the winter.
    That doesn't get me my Wyoming fix though. Maybe a road trip to Cody-hit the Buffalo Bill firearms museum, cause a scene and get them to add an LRH section.
    Whatever, where ever, you drew this year make it count. Have fun!

5. C.O. Shooter

C.O. Shooter Well-Known Member

Just curious, did you pay the 500$ for the guaranteed tag? I went in 09 and will be going again in 11 for whitetail/mule deer hunt? However, I would not pay the fee! My buddy who organizes our outings has gone 5 years straight and never has he paid the big money! Ouch!

6. 300 ultra

Ya I pay the Special Full price for Deer and Antelope every year. Its like $1000. and change for both tags. It is worth it for me. My wife thinks differently though.

7. Topgun 30-06

Topgun 30-06 Well-Known Member

C.O.Shooter---Those are called Special draw tags and they are not guaranteed. They normally, but not always, give you a lot better shot at getting your tag. I have seen certain areas though that you had a better percentage at a tag in the lower priced draw because of a lot more tags being available and there were a lot of people in the higher priced one with fewer available tags that didnt' get drawn, even though they get a second chance when they are thrown into the random pool of applicants after that high price draw. One I can think of that has always been a 100% draw with the higher money spent is the General Elk Tag , even as a second choice.

8. C.O. Shooter

C.O. Shooter Well-Known Member

I dunno, we hunt region A outside of Hulett. I am glad your wife understands. Mine would have my nuts and use them for dice if I did that.

9. Topgun 30-06

Topgun 30-06 Well-Known Member

OUCH!!! Some are like that I guess! I'm going on an 11 week trip covering four different states out west starting on Labor Day weekend and all my wife said is: "Have Fun!".

10. WyoElk2Hunt

WyoElk2Hunt Well-Known Member

My wife has a sign in the kitchen that says:

THIS MARRIAGE IS ON HOLD FOR HUNTING SEASON

I get very little resistance to my Hunting activities.

11. 300 ultra

LOL. I take the wifey to Hawaii for a vacation every spring. Or I may be divorced.

12. Jaybird00

Jaybird00 Member

Congrats and enjoy the hunt.

13. DanMan

DanMan Well-Known Member

It sure pays to research the draw odds of your chosen hunt area. I love the WY non-res draw system. I normally use the special license draw and apply for a blue chip permit on 1st choice and then draw a general type tag on 2nd choice while building points. I drew deer and elk that way this year and still have max points in the bank!:)

14. Magnumitis

Magnumitis Well-Known Member

You must subscribe to Eastmans'...