wyat box mags

strictlyRUM

I was wondering if anyone had personal experience with Wyat box mags. I am building a 300RUM and its time to order a reamer. I dont want to order till I know a OAL and the good and bad of straight vs staggered feed versions. Also can someone tell me what it intails to install.

Thanks

The Wyatts boxes are very nice and give you a little extra. They do require a slight amount of machining on the action at the rear of the box area. This requires a milling machine to do properly. Good luck.

I put one in my 300 RUM 700 LA. I did it myself and it came out OK, but a having a knowledgeable smith machine it would be a better option. It's nice to have the option to seat bullets to 4" OAL--get the RUM on the lands, you know?

I can only put 2 down instead of 3 now.

Once you get the controlled center feed 'wings' adjusted (can take some time and tinkering), you should be good to go.

Good luck.

jmden

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.