WTS - Rem 700 Police Long Action in 300 RUM

Discussion in 'Guns For Sale' started by Alucard, May 28, 2006.

1. Alucard

Alucard Well-Known Member

For sale: Remington 700 Long Action Police model in 300 Ultra.

There is a MAX of 150 rounds through the barrel - handloads only. 26" Factory barrel. Trigger is factory and reworked to about 2lbs. Sharp and crisp.

Action has been squared in the stock and bedded using Marine Tex bedding compund. Ken Farrell 20 MOA base included. Base has also been bedded to the receiver using Marine Tex.

Barrel has been broken in and consistently shoots 1/2" 4 shot groups or better at 100 yards. Pictures of the rifle and/or targets are avaliable upon request.

There are no nicks or dings on the action/barrel/stock. There is only a greyish mark on the muzzle - that has been there from the factory. I purchased this rifle NEW, and it has been well cared for.

Will also throw in 50 NEW Unfired pre-primed Federal Bench brass, and a set of RCBS green box Full-length die set with shell holder if interested.

Since I live in Canada, shipping outside of Canada will have to go through an Importer/Exporter.

Asking $1000 Canadian/$900 USD or Best offer. If interested or if you have any questions, please contact me at x_alucard_x@hotmail.com.

2. davewilson

davewilson Well-Known Member

can i ask what you mean by "action has been squared in the stock" ?

3. Alucard

The action was canting slightly when the rifle was first bought. The gunsmith that I had do the work said he "squared" the action so that it is sitting square in the stock. Not exactly sure myself, but that is what I was told. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

4. nelson

nelson Well-Known Member

I know Alucard very well, and this rifle is indeed in very nice shape. And its a shooter a well.

5. davewilson

davewilson Well-Known Member

i'm thinkin the barrel and action wasn't sitting straight in the barrel channel of the stock.

where abouts in Sask. are you boys? i've spent some time up around pierceland and meadow lake.

6. Alucard

We are in Regina. Not too bad of shooting around these parts.

7. Alucard

Price Reduced to $900 Canadian/$800 USD or best offer.

8. Alucard

Price reduced to $850 Canadian, $750 USD or Best offer. Will also throw in a Black Hawk Tactical shooting cheeck pad/pouch for the stock. Dies and brass included.

9. coupalr

coupalr Well-Known Member

10. Alucard

The rifle is SOLD.