• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED WTS Defiance(Asylum), Krieger, 338 RUM

jedlowe

My brother ended up getting this gun built by Asylum Arms (Jason Perry) a few months back as a long range hunter but has since gotten bit by the tactical competition bug, so he asked me if I would post it for sale for him to fund a competition rig. The gun is in my possession, so the whole transaction would just go through me. Specs are listed below.

338 RUM Right Handed

--Asylum Arms Exile Receiver (Made by Defiance machine with all of the good stuff you come to expect from Defiance) Check out Asylumarms.com for more details.
--Krieger 1-10 twist, Sendero Contour barrel finished at 25"
--Timney trigger tuned to 2 lbs
--McMillan Classic Hunter stock, pillar bedded, 13.5" LOP, with custom Duracoat finish. (See photos for details.)
--HS Precision Bottom Metal with one mag
--Spiral fluted barrel
--Asylum Arms four port muzzle brake
--All metal Melonite coated flat black
--20 MOA Picatinney Rail

I sent the rifle to RWS Gunsmithing to get it Melonite coated. Robert recommended that it have about 30 rounds down the barrel before getting the Melonite done just to make sure everything was polished up with the bore. I put 30 rounds through the rifle just point and shoot off the back porch with no scope on or anything, so I don't have any groups. If someone wants to make sure it is a shooter, I would be happy to shoot some groups and post photos. However, with the components on this build, I am confident it will shoot to satisfaction.

Jason at Asylum Arms did a great job on this build. Everything looks first rate. I will let this rifle go for $2800 including 50 pieces of 338 RUM brass (30 once-fired, 20 unfired) and a set of RCBS full length 338 RUM reloading dies.

Bipod is not included in the sale.

25gxvut.jpg

o94tcm.jpg

14b0ux3.jpg

24gudti.jpg

Are you sure you have the right rail on this rifle?
It does not fit the opening of the port.
Otherwise. looks good.

Due to the extended length of the loading port on the receiver, the cutout on the rail doesn't match up perfectly. I could have had the rail milled to match the loading port, but really didn't see the point. It works perfectly fine as is and in no way inhibits the ejection of a round. Everything else fits perfectly between the rail and the receiver.

I assure you it is a 25" barrel. The brake adds a few more inches to the length, but the barrel is 25" long.

I finally got a scale to weigh the rifle. The weight of the rifle as you see it in the pic is 9.48 lbs.