• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Wts 338 rum

Idaho Trecker

I'm selling my Sako 85 Classic that started life as a 338 win mag and I had rechambered to a 338 RUM. As stated it is the factory barrel which comes in just a hair over 24". I had Defensive Edge install their brake on it which I am extremely pleased with. Round count is around 150. I also just finished bedding the recoil lug system and rear tang. I have a very good load worked up around a 285 A max that shoots right at .5 moa. It also likes 250 grain Berger OTM. The package would also include RCBS FL die set, +- 40 brass, and a new Talley base/ring combo. I also have the original factory box and papers. I have only hunted with this rifle this season.

The rifle is in very good shape and has a very nice piece of walnut for those who appreciate the fancy wood stocks. There is one compression mark that is .5 inch long, 0.027 wide towards the bottom of the pistol grip from a metal ruler falling off a shelf that I happened to have the rifle leaning on at the time (thats my luck).

I am selling so I can pursue a different build.

Between parts, smith costs, accessories I have $2710 into this.

I'm looking for $2100 but will entertain reasonable offers.

I'll post pictures later today
Thanks

P1020403.jpg

P1020404.jpg

P1020405.jpg

target.jpg

This target was at 200 yards with 3 shot group. CTC is .75" so comes out to around .35 moa. This is with 285 A max and retumbo.

Lets try $1975 Shipped