WTK: @ custom range caps

oprod

OK I took my luepold mk4 6-20x and set it at 20x . zeroed it at 200 yards, then shot groups without changing my scope settings out to 600 yards.

So now i have a string of data that is at my altitude of 5400 elevation , @ 20 % humidity, shot at a range that had several feet of rise to it, maby 15-20 out at 600 yards.

To get a custom engraved scope cap made, do I need to try to find a ballistics curve that best fits my trajectory? Or do the scope cap people do that? I have my load data and muzzle velocity but I had rather they go off my hard data and interprolate the farther distances out to 900 or 1000 for the rest. Is this asking too much or is that what they do?

Other then the elevation, should I get other data engraved on the scope caps like wind? that seems odd to me as the hold off points would change with the amount of magnification i think, better just to hold off so many inches-feet.

Are you talking about Kenton Industries, or Leupold's custom shop? Not that it really matters; whichever you are going to use you should call, and ask them what they need. They will have specific data they need to make your custom turret for you.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts