WTK: Picatinny Scope Rings 1" on 700 Remington

md66948

My son has a New Remington 700 with a 16.5" Heavy Threaded Barrel in 308. I just bought him a Short Action Picatinny Rail Scope Mount from Evolution Gun Works Inc. located in Quakertown PA. for this 700. We will be mounting a Trijicon Accupoint TR20 1G scope on the Picatinny Rail System. This rifle will be used for White Tail Deer hunting in PA.

My question is what 1" Rings would work well on this Picatinny Rail System and what height should I look at? I do not want a see through scope ring and I do want to keep the scope as low on the action as possible.

Thank You!

Dane

Attachments

• IMG_3338.jpg
    IMG_3338.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 148
  • IMG_3340.jpg
    IMG_3340.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_3341.jpg
    IMG_3341.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_3342.jpg
    IMG_3342.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_3339.jpg
    IMG_3339.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 140
.76" to centerline would be what i would go with. These are my new favorite:

Griffin Armament ORION Scope Rings

Marinegunner,

I bought the rings that you suggested for my son's new rifle and gave them to him for his birthday. My son Tom shot 7 Point Buck with his New Remington 700 in 308. The rifle has an AAC 762 SDN-6 Suppressor with a Trijicon Accupoint TR20 1G scope mounted on it. The buck was running when he shot it. There was another buck and doe running with the 7 pointer. The buck and doe stopped when the 7 pointer dropped and just looked around. Since Tom's rifle was suppressed they had no idea what happened or where the shot came from.

Three years ago Tom shot a 9 point buck on the run in the same spot. The 7 pointer dropped in the exact same spot the 9 pointer dropped. It was a 125 yard shot from a tree stand.

We were hunting in Philipsburg PA.

Thank for your advice. My son is quite happy with the setup on his 700.

Dane

Attachments

• IMG_3728.jpg
    IMG_3728.jpg
    168.6 KB · Views: 104
Why does someone need a suppressor on a hunting rifle???

Actually a suppressed .308 (Specifically that suppressed Remington 700 AAC-SD) shoots like a dream - I have a friend with one. It's extremely quiet, barely any recoil at all. It does help allow follow up shots if you should need one, and for beginner shooters it helps eliminate the flinch that is typically caused by recoil, noise and muzzle flash from that short barrel. For advanced shooters well it's just a pleasure to shoot a .308 with little sound and recoil.

Actually a suppressed .308 (Specifically that suppressed Remington 700 AAC-SD) shoots like a dream - I have a friend with one. It's extremely quiet, barely any recoil at all. It does help allow follow up shots if you should need one, and for beginner shooters it helps eliminate the flinch that is typically caused by recoil, noise and muzzle flash from that short barrel. For advanced shooters well it's just a pleasure to shoot a .308 with little sound and recoil.

The buck and doe running with the 7 pointer could not locate my son in his tree stand. They stood there for 30 seconds looking around and didn't move till my son used his cell phone. That is when they located him up in the stand and took off.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.