WTK Best crimping dies for 556 308 & 30-06 to be shot in semi auto fires arms

md66948

I am getting ready to load some 556 308 & 30-06 for some semi auto rifles. I have loaded 308 and 30-06 for my bolt guns but now my cache of 308 & 30-06 is getting low so I will need to start loading all of that spent brass that I have collected.

What would be my best crimping die? I am looking at the Lee series of Factory Crimping Dies but are they the best?

Thank You for your suggestions.

Dane

Bamban is correct. Crimping isn't needed unless you have hard recoil gun. Then it can cause issues. If you're not going to use a seater and crimp its a lee factory crimp die. But redding makes beautiful crimps.You don't have to use the crimp feature on the seated dies.

I am getting ready to load some 556 308 & 30-06 for some semi auto rifles. I have loaded 308 and 30-06 for my bolt guns but now my cache of 308 & 30-06 is getting low so I will need to start loading all of that spent brass that I have collected.

What would be my best crimping die? I am looking at the Lee series of Factory Crimping Dies but are they the best?

Thank You for your suggestions.

Dane
Lee. FCD- factory crimp die. Midway. 👍😉

Shot tens of Ks of 556, 762, 30-06 through ARs, 14s, and M1s in competition never once I crimped any rounds.
I am loading for a belt fed M240 besides my other Semi autos. I want to crip the 308s that will be used in the M13 links.

Attachments

• IMG_2305.JPG
    IMG_2305.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 36
  • IMG_2303.JPG
    IMG_2303.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 31
I am loading for a belt fed M240 besides my other Semi autos. I want to crip the 308s that will be used in the M13 links.
In that case you'll want cannelured bullets and use the crimp on your standard dies. Or better yet use the Lee Factory crimp and cannelured bullets. I don't use a crimp on bolts or most semi auto rifle. But I tend to use the Lee Factory Crimp because it can aid in accuracy as well as holding the bullet.

Unless you have some off the charts requirements for precision crimping I do not see how one can beat the Lee Factory crimp Die.
Use then on all my rifle and HG reloads. Dirt simple to set up near arthur-proof to use. You have to actually TRY to screw up using a LFCD.

FCD for any repeatable precision depends a lot on brass bring the same length. Tried it on hammers, not going there again. Too lazy to trim all the time, bushing setting neck tension is my personal preference. Best known practices in my days as a benchrest shooter in the 80s still guide my loading practices.

YMMV...