• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

WTB/WTTF stock for Weatherby Mark V, 9 lug #2

slm9s

Trying to finish up a project and looking for the above stock. I'd love to find a Mcmillan but other synthetics or nice wood would be ok too. One of the barrels is a 340wby so a squishy recoil pad is a must. No factory tupperware please.
Thanks.

AG Composite and Peak 44 could be worth a look.

AG Composite say they have 15 in stock for a Magnum action (9 lug), #2 barrel (too round of a number not to be at least a little suspect???)
1639007708377.png

Peak 44 makes a super super lightweight stock. They're making stocks for some of the factory Weatherby options.

No mention of lead time or inventory. You mentioned 340 Weatherby and recoil, so maybe super lightweight isn't a exactly what you need. I assume no brake?

I just happened to be researching stocks for Weatherby's over the weekend. A couple of years ago, McMillan's offerings were slim to none but they're under new ownership, so...

Thanks, but I'm looking for a take-off or used stock, this is a low budget project. Not looking to spend $579+. :)

AG Composite and Peak 44 could be worth a look.

AG Composite say they have 15 in stock for a Magnum action (9 lug), #2 barrel (too round of a number not to be at least a little suspect???)
View attachment 318478

Peak 44 makes a super super lightweight stock. They're making stocks for some of the factory Weatherby options.

No mention of lead time or inventory. You mentioned 340 Weatherby and recoil, so maybe super lightweight isn't a exactly what you need. I assume no brake?

I just happened to be researching stocks for Weatherby's over the weekend. A couple of years ago, McMillan's offerings were slim to none but they're under new ownership, so...
The ag composites are Inletted for the mark v backcountry which indeed has a #2 contour barrel with the 9 lug magnums. Ag composites will hog out that barrel channel to any contour your prefer up to proof sendero.
The peak 44 stock is a better stock all around, lighter, flat forend, more comfortable comb et el.