• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED WTB Thompson Long Range Scope

dgarrett

Looking for a used Leupold 4-14 with the Thompson Long Range Mildots... Thanks Dave

Do you want mildots or MOA? I think Darrell usually suggests MOA, although I think most competitive shooters lean towards mil.

If you want MOA, I have a scope I would consider selling.

The scope I am looking for is a leupold 4-14 vx3. It is made for Thompson Long Range and sold only by them... Has crosshairs with mildots set out to 1000 yards for the 30-378 Weatherby and or 257 Weatherby...It will be marked with the Thompson Long Range Logo.. Thanks Dave

Oh, sorry, I mixed up two different shooting schools. I was thinking of Darrell Hollands in OR; you are talking about Mark Thompson's school in UT.

I have a buddy that had his 30-378 and that scope, but I think he already sold it. I'll check with him and let you know if he has it and wants to sell it. It's not really mils, it's BDC calibrated for his loads in the specific rifle.

Mark's system is a good one for a packaged shooting system. If you want more flexibility going forward, you might want to learn mils or MOA which you can then apply to any rifle once you know the load.