• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED WTB remington 7600 in 25-06

GW,
I am sorry guy, I saw your first request, was at work and couldn't answer and I forgot all about it.

There is one for sale at a local gun shop here. The name of the business is Awesome Outdoors and the address is 1989 W. 5th St.,Washington, NC. Their phone number is 252.974.2825. The gun smith's first name is Cole and he's a pretty cool guy. I stop in at least monthly and shoot the breeze with him about shooting. He's not in to real long range but loves to build and shoot accurate rifles.

The rifle caught my eye initially because I have a soft spot for the 760/7600, my grandpa had one in .270Win and he toted that thing till the bluing wore off and he was deadly with it.

The second thing I noticed is the stock. It is blue/gray laminate. Pretty sharp looking and when I took it off the rack and looked at the tag I was further impressed as I have never seen or held one in .25-06Rem.

Can't exactly remember the price but it was more than I was willing to invest.

So, there you have it. They are not open on Monday's but give them a call and hopefully it will work out for you. Hope this helps. JohnnyK.

JohnnyK, I called the shop this AM and bought it. It will be shipped tomorrow and I really appreciate the heads up and I am looking forward to getting it.

JohnnyK, I enjoyed our visit over the phone today. It was nice to speak to someone who liked to deer hunt with dogs and to shoot long range. I haven't dog hunted in thirty six years but I still enjoy listening to a good race whether it be a deer, fox or coyote and I can't ever remember killing a deer walking or standing still they were always running usually flat out. You are one of a dying breed. Not many of you left!. Thanks again for the heads up about the 25-06. 1garyw

Gary,
It was truly my pleasure! You are a nice man and hopefully one day we can do some shooting together. I would like that.
I know what you mean about hitting a deer running flat out. It looked impossible when I was younger, and I missed a few. I explain to the young guys now it's like dusting a dove; pull the sight (in this case crosshairs) out front toward the nose, maintain your lead, squeeze and watch 'em flip. That'll cause a big ole Southern grin every time!
Good luck and shoot straight friend. JohnnyK.