WTB 257 Weatherby Brass...

Discussion in 'Other Stuff For Sale' started by Popapi, May 11, 2008.

1. Popapi

Popapi Well-Known Member

Whacha have guys????

2. rocky_lange

rocky_lange Well-Known Member

I looked at the case dimension of the 257 and the 7mm. They are almost identical. Can you neck down some 7mm? I have some extra in both brass and nickel.

Rocky

3. TAP

TAP Well-Known Member

I have some .257 Wby brass, will have to dig it out and see how many I have.

4. Popapi

Popapi Well-Known Member

257 Wby

You have a pm Tap. Rocky I have some 7mm stuff just haven't necked any down right now I just want to deal with the WBY brass thanks though..

5. Buffalobob

Buffalobob Writers Guild

Be careful with neck thickness when necking down. light bulb

6. anachronism

anachronism Well-Known Member

I wouldn't even try necking down 7mm brass. I used to have a .257 WBY & wanted to fit my new PMC brass to the chamber by necking my brass up in a .270 WBY sizing die, then back down to .257, little by little, to create "artificial" headspace. The brass sized up to 270 neatly, but I collapsed a few necks sizing them back down. It was about that time that I discovered my .257 had a bad chamber, and I had just "uglified" about a hundred dollars worth of brass. I threw all the brass in the scrap barrel. That was about the fastest I ever went through a hundred dollars with a gun. The famous Weatherby "double radius" neck did me in.

7. Popapi

Popapi Well-Known Member

Thanks for ALL the input Gentleman...