Witch Remington 300 RUM model plz..

Mush

If things stay the same way, I would like to have a Remington 300 RUM.

A guy here sells one for 1100Can$ it is a Model 700 LSS.

1) is it a bit expensive.(sorry can't find the exclamation mark on this keyboard at work)

2) How does it compare with a 2007 Sendero SFII precision wise.

3) It is a 2006 model right. I looked in the 2007 brochure and can't have information on that gun.

Thanks fellas

Mush

the last catalog i see the lss listed is 2004. it shows it as 7 5/8 pounds . the sendero is 8 1/2 pounds. the sendero is more money. i like the sendero more. my brother has one of each he has not shot the lss that much. what little he shot it . it shot good. roninflag

I think the guys was full of it. He told me that his LSS was the best remington model for a 300 RUM. He told me that the Sendero was cheaper and less precise. This is why I came here to ask the question, it smell fishy. I just think that he wanted to get rid of it from his inventory.

Thanks

Mush

Get the Sendaro if you want to use it for long range and get the LSS if you want a walk around rifle they are both great rifles and the LSS looks awsome but the Sendaro's are built for long range the stocks are better suited for it.

Cheers Bill
Australia

I am sold on the sendero...amazing in 300RUM. The LSS is nice looking and lighter, and probably better suited if you plan on hiking with it a lot. But for longrange precision shooting, the sendero hands down.

the sendero should be 200$ ( american ) more or more. . and for me worth it. i don't have a 300 rum . i have several 300 win. i would not shoot either with out a muzzle brake ESPECIALLY NOT THE RUM. have you looked at gunsamerica or gunbroker? the sendero is i think about 950 american.

Thanks you all for your answers. I think I have found my next firearm. I wonder how much it cost in Canadian dollars. There is another gun seller in in my region, I will ask him to order one. When I get the gun I will post back to ask for wich glass to put on it.

Thanks

Mush

Do I really need luck. Not sure of the sense I must give to your reply. I will take it in a good way. Thanks.

Mush

Depends.

I wanted a 300 RUM for longer range elk/bear hunting. I hunt canyons and didn't want to pack the extra weight the sendero offers. Although it "should" be more accurate then the LSS, you never really know. Buying factory rifles is like a crapshoot.

My particular LSS in 300 RUM has been the most acurate factory rifle I"ve shot at LR. Its shot quite a few 4" groups at 800 yards with its preferred loads on a good no wind day. Would a sendero do any better?? I dont really know, but 4" at 800 yards with a factory sporter is pretty **** good IMO.

Not all are going to shoot like that though, so dont be mislead. However, I believe for the price and weight, the LSS is a pretty dang nice rifle to own in 300 RUM. I put 1200 rounds in mine over 2 years so its accuracy is long gone now..I rang 15" steel with mine at 1150 yards pretty consistently with 210g VLD's so take it for what its worth.

The sendero is a nice rifle as well, just the extra weight is what turned me off. If I wasn't going to be packing it up and down canyons all day, I wouldve went with the sendero, but I couldn't have been happier with the LSS.

I think I paid $700 US dollars for mine about 3 years ago.

Mush,
I assume you are talking about the Brown TH laminated stock? I do not know what the current exchange rate is, but there are several for less than $700 on gunbroker as I type this. Yes, it was a 2006 model. There was also a grey laminate model taht was pulled a few years ago that had no TH, but was carried on as a premier dealer exclusive untill this year. I have no experiance with the SF2, but I doubt you could do any wrong buy choosing it over the lss.

Jerry

I vote Sendero.Here's my 300RUM.
311784.JPG

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.