Wind Meter for the iPhone ect.

Yes. I've been playing with one for a week or two. It seems to work as advertised. It comes in a sturdy plastic case. It starts reading at 1-1.5 mph. I have three other wind meters and am planning to compare readings the next time I'm at the range.

Jeff,

I have the Weatherflow Wind Meter. Just wind speed, no temp or baro/altitude.

Thanks Bruce, but let me know if you get the one that offers all 3 for a Droid max. If it does not do it all I see it like the G7-Br2 rangefinder. You still need a kestrel or you don't have all the info needed for the shooting solution.

Thanks
Jeff

Broz,

I believe there's a tools app for the droid maxx that includes barometer, inclinometer, compass, level. I have the droid razor maxx and will be upgrading to the newer maxx. I found an app called 'GPS Essentials' that has full gps and navigational data all in one package to include altitude, lat, long, maps, routes, waypoints, camera and compass. My suunto watch has a barometer which will talk to the maxx. My bride Kay has the Weatherflow wind meter and uses it so much that she told me to buy another one so she can keep that one! :D Once I get the Applied Ballistics program installed the maxx, it will be my ballistics computer in the field.

Kay raves about the Weatherflow, but I don't know if it will talk to the ballistics program yet. Maybe after she sends it to me I'll know! :rolleyes:

PS, hey Bruce, yep I'm still over here but looking hard back home, I'm toast! lol

DocB

DocB, I have the new Maxx and love the large screen and the option to enlarge the text. The Applied Ballistics app fits and flows wonderful on it!! You will like that part. I think I am going to stick with manual entry of the pressure temp and wind for now. I like to take my readings and input what I feel is the best average. Plus I have seen temps go pretty wild if left in direct sun. At the distances we are shooting now temp is becoming a lot more important.

Also on the Maxx, the battery life is better than anything I have seen!! You will like that too.

Thanks
Jeff

I've tried I don't know how many times to get to iTunes to download this app, but every time I get a message: "...cannot be read because it is from a newer version of iTunes." I just downloaded and installed iTunes a couple hours ago. How can I get this app on my iPhone?

Doc, please keep me posted on your return ETA.

I like the way the Weatherflow is constructed. The iPhone app is ok, but only records an average value each time the record button is pushed. It would be much better if it recorded a time history and displayed statistics. I've played with the Weatherflow a bit at the range and it seems to read within 10-20% of one of the weather stations we use. That's acceptable to me. I plan to use it mainly to teach me how to read wind over different types of vegetation.

FYI, during ballistics tests, we usually have two weather stations set up within about 25 m of each other at our range in the CA desert. They rarely agree on wind speed, but conditions are usually pretty gusty there. They don't seem to agree well with the nearest range flag either. I think each design has a different inertial in the sensor, which makes it respond to gusts differently. I've developed a healthy distrust for these things.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.