Wind Meter, best overall buy??

It's too late to sign up any way but it looks like they have two civilian categories. I would still like to be a spectator to see what the competition is all about. Thanks for the link. I don't know how familiar you are with the area but if you need any info let me know. [email protected]

b1g_bore,
The radio shack meter is part # 63-1119
Idid a search on radio shack's website but all I coud find was the owners manual... I guess that means they aren't making it anymore???? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif I wish I had bought two.

Here are the specifications:
Radio Shack P/N: 63-1119
Size: 5 1/16 x 1 9/19 x 1 9/16
Weight: 3.5 oz without batteries, 5.2 oz with.
Operating Temperature: 14 F to 122 F
Accurate between 6 and 30 MPH (non variable or gusty)
Can determine direction within 30 degrees.
Display is LCD and backlit with a hold function.
Auto power off after 2 minutes
Has a built-in Red LED "flashlight"

I went to the Radio Shack site and found this photo of the unit. Also, it lists for only $29.99, if you can find it.

windmeter.jpg

Guys,
Just called my local Radio Shack, gave the man the part number, he did a search in my area and found a brand new one about 50 miles from my city. I called that store, the lady stated the unit was brand new\never opened, and she would be happy to send it to my local store! Price an outrageous $9.97. Call your local store and check! I also found one on Ebay for $30.

Jeff in Florida /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Guys,
Just called my local Radio Shack, gave the man the part number, he did a search in my area and found a brand new Price an outrageous $9.97. Call your local store and check! I also found one on Ebay for $30.
Jeff in Florida /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Jeff. I did the same and they told me one store 2 miles away has three ( $9.97 ) and another store five miles away has 5.

--rick

Iguess Ishould be careful what I wish for... now I gotta call my radioshack in the morning.... $10 is a deal and a half.
Mine isn't the dark green in my other post, its like this one...

[ QUOTE ]
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayIS...sspagename=WDVW

[/ QUOTE ]
Its an annoying green for sure.If you decide to camo it, be sure to tape over the little holes on the top. I really like the design, no little fragile fan blade to worry about.

The Brunton Sherpa works Very well, however it does not deliver a humidity reading (not that that matters ~ but it is part of the equation in most if not all software packages). The Kestrel's 3500 and 4000 do. I have had one of those for approximately four years and it has worked exceptionally well. I once tested a Speed Master just like the one Ian has. It worked just fine, however (at the time) it only functioned in metric units. If I were to rate them, the Kestrel's would rate 1st, then the Brunton Sherpa followed by the Speedmaster.

Big Bore-- i've got the Speedtech Weather Watch Pro, and it's the slickest little gizmo-- pop-up anemometer is neat! I used it for 2 intermediate range coyotes this yr, and it worked just fine. 1 was a 300 yd, coyote with a .17 Mach IV handgun in an avg. 10 mph from 3 o'clock, and a 530 yd. shot with a Savage Striker with same wind conditions.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.