Buying Wind Meter Help

putumdown

Hey guys I am in the market for a wind meter and I was looking for advice on which is the best and which is the best for the money. Thanks a lot

i don't know about the best, or cheapest or whatever. but, a lot of guys use the kestrels here. i bought the 3500 model, it works great, and came highly recommended.

i don't know about the best, or cheapest or whatever. but, a lot of guys use the kestrels here. i bought the 3500 model, it works great, and came highly recommended.

He's right. If you search "Kestrel" you'll see that the 3500 is the favored unit.

Thanks for the input I was looking at the kestrel and skymate. I guess I will look harder at the kestrel.

Good timing on your question. In the next week or two I am going to be offering wind meters for sale in the LRH Gear Shop at 2 distinctly different price points.

One is the no-frills Caldwell unit that offers NO pressure/altitude readings. The other is the Kestrel 3500 which seems to be the preferred one for those who actually use pressure/altitude readings taken from the field to make drop corrections.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.