Wind Adjustment Methods / FFP / SFP

I was shooting at Hamburg Rifle and Pistol until the LR virus fully infected me and 300 yards just wasn't enough anymore. NewHolland Rifle and Pistol Club has 700 yards, but aren't taking new members at this time. My favorite is Mifflin County Sportsmans'. The range is carved up the hillside, just past 1000 yards. Targets scattered all over at odd ranges, not nice set rows. Very "western hunting" like practice. Work the laser, dope the wind, build your shooting position, and let fly.

I am a ffp mil shooter and real avid mountain hunter.Tight timber till i get up in high country.I had to shop a bit to get lower power for timber.Done alot of game taking with Leo 4-14 as that was one of the first Tactical type scopes in mil dot.Have a 6.5-20 but was to high on low end for what I liked,have shot game with it at 50 yrds in timber,but very familar with rifle.TMR reticule is my favorite but I like others also.Most of my dialing is 14-20x,rarely above 20 to shoot for spotting.I hold for wind.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.