winchester model 670 action question???

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by lovdasnow, Nov 28, 2005.

1. lovdasnow

lovdasnow Well-Known Member

Hello, I have a model 670 that i have never even shot, a friend had to get rid of it years ago, and I gave him a couole hundred bucks. I have no plans of ever shooting it the way it is set up right now, I have to many other guns that are more fun to shoot.

Question.......is it worth rebarreling, new stock, etc, or do those actions suck? i can't figure out what to do with it? any suggestions? thanks

2. lovdasnow

no one knows anything about this action....is it worth building, or just dump it? anyone??

3. eric123

eric123 New Member

same as the model 70...from what i have been told...

4. jameslovesjammie

jameslovesjammie Well-Known Member

The 670 is a "no frills" model 70 push feed action. Similar to what was called the "Ranger" models awhile back. I have one in .270 and it's a pretty nice gun. Any post '64 stock will fit it, if you are thinking about rebarreling. The only problem you man encounter is that it has a blind magazine.

5. lovdasnow

thanks for the info...I'm just trying to decide if it's worth rebarreling....can you change it from a blind mag?

6. jameslovesjammie

jameslovesjammie Well-Known Member

You can, but you would have to order the entire floorplate assembly...which I want to say runs ~$125 or so from Winchester.

7. lovdasnow

so thats pretty much not worth it...i only paid $200 for the whole gun. maybe I'll ditch that idea, and save for he nesika...

8. Black Diamond 408

Black Diamond 408 Well-Known Member

I made numerous custom rifles on the 670 actions years back, a good glass stock, some trigger work and you got a fine hunting rifle.