My new gun!!!!! I’m so excited about this, join me! 🤣

If it's carnage you want I'll send a picture of my shirtless shoulder after a day of plinking instead 🤣. Honestly while that does sound awesome I'd bet money that a .257 wby with a varmint bullet at 4K would be MUCH more violent on prairie dogs for gratuitous gore purposes haha
Keep your shirt on Calvin. Homey don't swing that way. 😘

WOW THAT'S FREAKING AWESOME.
TO HUNT BUNNY RABBITS. 😍🤣👍
Canadian's
Funny you mention the Canadian thing…this is honestly about the most shoulder fired horsepower that's legal here now 🙃. The .460 weatherby is explicitly banned, as are all cartridges that exceed 10000 joules or about 7300 foot pounds of muzzle energy. The 450 ackley can do well north of 6000 foot pounds but isn't in that 7k territory yet.

I suppose if I wanted to get as close to the line as possible (legally - nothing really stops anyone from building any kind of wildcat in theory) I could further rechamber this sucker to a 458 RUM but I like the belt!

You need to pick up some of the Peterson belted mag basic brass. Just think of the pushing that 450 Ackley to 70K psi!
I've had this exact thought long before I had any plans of actually owning such a gun. I believe I referenced building a 75kpsi 470 capstick in a thread some time ago…as a joke….🤣🤣🤣😳

Sounds like shoulder surgery waiting to happen 🤔. My hunting buddy did buy a few big bore guns on here that I haven't had the time to shoot. A 375rum,338rum,and the 458 Lott. He's into the big boomer stuff. I'm into helping spend his money. So when I see something cool I send it to him and poke the bear in hopes he bites so I get to shoot them.There is nothing like shooting a big bore !

Nice cartridge. When I moved to the north of our country I wanted a buffalo rifle, so mine started out as a BRNO 602 .458 WM…. But I felt it lacking range so had it rechambed. Easily able to keep groups under 1" it became my main rifle for several years, using it on everything from rabbits to buffalo. I like the pointed Woodleigh 400gr PP @ 2600fps for most game- it has similar trajectory to a 180gr .308, and prefer the 550gr Woodleigh SP @ 2160fos for buffalo. The 500gr bullets will do around 2330fps and are a reasonable compromise if one bullet only is preferred. After it wore out I replaced it with the same and off I went again.