Winchester 300 Magnum Boss info?

kennesaw

Can someone give me info on the "sweet spots" of the Boss in the 300winmag on a winchester model 70 rifle,would you use the 150-165gr.bullet for deer?A 130gr. for varmints/coyotes?
Thanks for any info in advance

Last edited:
If your shooting hand loads, then I would say the sweet spot for the BOSS would be at the bottom of a lake as far from the shore as I could throw it! :rolleyes:

Kidding aside, if your using the BOSS as a brake, there are much better ones out there that are more effective and less damaging to the hearing. The BOSS is the loudest thing I have ever shot!

If your set on using it, it takes a little experminting, Shoot where its at for a base line, then screw it in a ways and see if its better or worse. If worse go the other directions, and repeat.

If you do not hand load, it might be a good time to start. Then you can tune the load to the gun, not the gun to the ammo.

Willys46

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.