Reloading data for the 300 Winchester magnum

DR Ray

I have a 300 Winchester Mangum based on a Remington 700 stock & action. I have it muzzle braked and has a 24 inch stainless steel barrel.
I want to be able to target shoot to 1k. What bullet brand(s),; weight,; powder & load would you recommend?
I will put a scope on that will be fine for that distance. ATM I have a 3-9x 4 which is a hunting scope I guess you would call it.
My trigger is a Timney set at 3/4 pound.
I was thinking of 2--234-240?? grain bullets for the long distance.

Buckle up! Info's a come'n!!!!
For a rookie gleaning all the wisdom and experience from this site for over 10 years, I've been able to achieve fun consistency to 1K. Off the shelf rem700 300wm with Berger 215 7828 or H1000. So thankful to all the people here willing to share all they're hard work!!!

I have a 300 Winchester Mangum based on a Remington 700 stock & action. I have it muzzle braked and has a 24 inch stainless steel barrel.
I want to be able to target shoot to 1k. What bullet brand(s),; weight,; powder & load would you recommend?
I will put a scope on that will be fine for that distance. ATM I have a 3-9x 4 which is a hunting scope I guess you would call it.
My trigger is a Timney set at 3/4 pound.
I was thinking of 2--234-240?? grain bullets for the long distance.
What twist rate does your barrel have? That will determine your maximum bullet weight and type.

Anything over about 215 grains gets into diminishing returns in the 300WM due to case capacity.

Really appreciate everyone's assistance.
Spoke with my shooting pal. Ron.
He has numerous combinations over bullets and powders.
I will see tomorrow what is available - some things are hard to get since the COVID crisis.
Merry Christmas and a happy New Year. Many thanks to all.