Wilson/sinclair case trimmer or forster case trimmer

J

JEREMY logan

I can't make up my mind so whoever has either one of these case trimmers if you could let me know the pros and cons about them i would appreciate it i will be loading for a rem 700 300 ultra thanks for any advice :)

If you are dealing with a really large casehead like the 338 Lapua or 378 Wby and you decide to buy a Forster then make sure you get the one that fits the larger cases. They have two sizes for some odd reason. Forster is nice to deal with and has really good customer service.

I have never looked at the forester, that said I am not sure how anything could be better than the wilson. I like the micrometer stop that indexes off the case head. The only thing I can say bad about it is that sometimes the cases will spin inside the case holder if you do not tap them in firmly enough.

I have both. For just trimming case necks, the Forster is a little faster, and provides consistent case lengths.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.