case trimmers

Discussion in 'Equipment Discussions' started by Booney, Aug 9, 2009.

1. Booney

Booney Well-Known Member

What case trimmer do you guys like the best I was looking at a couple of them and just did not know if there is some I should be looking at.

2. foreign

foreign Well-Known Member

ive only ever used the fosters case trimmer. can have additional attachments put onto it for primer pockets, neck trimming and such. though dont have any ov the attachments as of yet.

3. britz

britz Well-Known Member

I have used the RCBS and a personally modified Lee holder system (picture a 17 year old kid with a welder and an imagination lol)

I like the RCBS, but admitadly I had to shim the trimmer to align it better with the shell holder. It is pretty fast to switch cases in... that's what I liked about it when I bought it.

I would also look at either a Sinclair or a Forsters.

4. AJ Peacock

AJ Peacock Well-Known Member

I used the RCBS for a long time and it worked fine. I use the Forster now and like it.

AJ

5. catch-34

catch-34 Well-Known Member

I use a RCBS and it works good for me.

6. LRHWAL

LRHWAL Well-Known Member

Just to show opinions differ, without a doubt the Wilson!

7. Bearhyde

Bearhyde Member

Wilson all the way.
    Well worth the extra cost.
    Very well made.

8. wadedc

wadedc Well-Known Member

I use the Lee case lenght gauge with cutter in the drill press and hold the case with the lock stud. It is very fast.

9. winmagman

winmagman Well-Known Member

I use the Lee as well, wouldn't want to do 1000 cases at a crack, but it works just fine for 100 or so at a time.

Chris

10. Doug in Alaska

Doug in Alaska Well-Known Member

I also use the Lee. Just wish I could find one for the 7mm Ultra.

11. Moosetracker

Moosetracker Well-Known Member

I use a Forster on my drill press. Both accurate and fast. Can do any caliber.

12. Doug in Alaska

Doug in Alaska Well-Known Member

FYI, I called Lee, shortly after buying my 7mm RUM and asked about ordering the case length gauge and shell holder for this cartridge. At the time, they weren't making them and it would have been very expensive to have made and I'd have been looking at a long wait time. However, Midway was showing it as backordered. I backordered it and just received notification today that it was ready to ship. Yes!!!!!!

13. milanuk

milanuk Well-Known Member

I've got a Wilson with most, but not all (yet) of the bells-n-whistles. Very, very accurate and not bad at all on speed once you get going. Not near as fast as my Giraud :rolleyes: but for smaller batches its definitely the way to go for me.

As an added bonus if you ever get into meplat trimming and pointing bullets... John Whidden's setup for doing the meplat trimming is designed to sit in a Wilson trimmer lightbulb