Will Rem SAUM feed in a standard bolt face SA Rem 700?

B23

I have a standard bolt face SA Rem 700 that I'm thinking about building a 270 RSAUM on. It's a new action I've already had blueprinted and bolt spiral fluted that has been sitting on the shelf collecting dust for a couple years now. I know I can easily have the bolt face opened up and a M16 extractor installed but I'm not sure how well the short fat RSAUM case will feed from this action. Are the feed rails different in the SA Rem 700's with mag bolt face or are they all the same?

I believe the LA 700's for the RUM has different feed rails but I'm not sure if the SA 700's with mag bolt face for the WSM or RSAUM have different feed rails than say a SA 700 for a 308.

See if you can pass a SAUM case between the rails. If you can, you can use a center feed magazine box. If you can't, you will have to make the opening wider.

Another thought, what if I use something like a HS Prec DM system. I have a few of those on other rifles and they're a center feed and would probably work but does HS Prec. make a DM for the WSM or RSAUM cases?

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.