WI gunsmith recommendation needed

buxton

I need to find a good gunsmith. My current needs are a muzzle brake, future needs I expect could go up to truing and then assembly of a semi-custom. I am a bit of a perfectionist and would like my smith to be the same. I live 40 miles West of GREENBAY and APPLETON, and distance I will travel would be dependent on the answers I receive. Thanks for your input guys!

Try Bartlein barrels They are in Jackson WI. So not that bad of a drive for you. I just had them build a 338 lapua for me and I am very impressed with the work they did.

Hands down call Ryan @ Piercision Rifles ( [email protected] or 563-586-2000 or Piercision Rifles )

His brakes are by far the best I have tried.... yes, I have 4 and my nephew has 1.

His craftsmanship is second to none! He has worked up a couple rifles in the last couple years for me, my 284 win...well is flawless in craftsmanship and I am reloading another batch of bullets as ladder testing shows a string of powder charges/ chrono results but I have had to move back to the 300 yard line as the groups are all less then a dime at 100 & 200!

Oh, maybe I should tell you about my elk shot... 28 nosler w/the piercision magic touch...1100 yds......yep yards... Elk steaks!!!! YUMMY!! I named that rifle as the WapitiWacker

You don't find people like Ryan everyday! Tell him Harvman sent you! He's a hell of a great shot also!

Let me know if you have questions. His shop is just accross the river from Prairie du chien but it is the best thing since sliced bread. his handle is rpierce here on the forum

v/r Harvman

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.