Recommendation for gunsmith

caulkgun69

I recently purchased an older model Steyr SBS 300 Win with heavy barrel. I would like to have the barrel threaded for a brake. Can anyone recommend a reputable smith that has experience with Steyr or provide a quality product? Thank you for your knowledgeable input.

Thank you for your response. I am seeking some personal positive experiences with a specific recommendation, instead of just rolling the dice.

Thank you for your response. I am seeking some personal positive experiences with a specific recommendation, instead of just rolling the dice.

First off, a custom rifle smith does not need "experience with Steyr" to be able to thread a barrel and install a brake.

Second off, site sponsors are qualified custom rifle smiths certainly capable of doing such work, or they wouldn't last long around here. It's not a roll of the dice...

And third off..... You may want to look at the upper right hand corner of every page, and utilize the SEARCH button... You may be able to answer your own question.

Sir, thank you for your service to your country. My apologies for you taking personal offense. I am not questioning anyone's reputation or ability. As clearly shown in the left hand corner, I am a Junior member. I mistakenly thought this was the place to ask questions and learn from the wealth of others experience. My only request was for someone to share a recommendation, based on their past experience.

I ride a short pony in this new hobby and am learning everyday from those who have the patience to teach.

Regards,
Derek J. Kozielski

Nothing personal on this end. FEENIX gave a recommendation to use one of the site sponsors. If you use the search button, you can read all the threads associated with site sponsors regarding installing a muzzle brake.
You can browse at your leisure and find the rifle smith that best meets your needs.

I have used John Berish of Berishguns.com to do all my barrel work. Now you have what I think you are looking for....a recommendation. John is a old school gunsmith. His prices and turn around time is good.
Good luck.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.