WHY I PREP MY BRASS AND FLASH HOLES

When varmint hunting for me one case misfiring out of 500 is not a big deal, cycle the bolt and fire!
I am unsure how it would be handled in competition

Also, visual inspection would easily catch this with no need to prep primer pockets
I would rather chase the wife around than waste time uniforming primer pockets

Yes those Case Holders were made out of a solid block of aluminum. These were the last Case Holders made by Mr. Bob Pastor the "VIPER" on his CNC right before he sold his business. He made one for Jill and one for me to reload our competition Cases. Bob the "Viper" is a Ledgen in the shooting community. Bob also made me the "Viper" Rest for shooting "F" Class. One of the nicest men I ever had the acquaintance to meet in my life. YOU HAVE TO SEE THE 'F' CLASS REST THE "VIPER" MADE ME

Made one of those aluminum holders back in the 70's when I was in welding school at votech. Older brother had it ever since. If I remember correctly it was 1in thick and for 50 cases

I inspect mine before loading. That is a rarity for Lapua. But stuff happens. On the cheaper brass I may ream the flash holes but honestly there is no way in heck the average shooter is going to see any measurable difference.

I purchased a few boxes of factory 300 RUM Barnes ammo, and gave a couple of boxes to my buddy. On the first or second shot, there was a loud crack, but the round didn't go off. When he ejected the round, primer pieces fell out. There was no flash hole at all!

Made one of those aluminum holders back in the 70's when I was in welding school at votech. Older brother had it ever since. If I remember correctly it was 1in thick and for 50 cases
Bob "The Viper" made this Loading Block out of a sloid piece of Aluminum started out as a 12" x 4 1/2" x 4" and he ran it in his CNC. Has 100 Holes for Brass. He made us several for different size Brass.

Attachments

• Loading Block.jpg
    Loading Block.jpg
    204.7 KB · Views: 33
Is one better than the other and why?
Do a search on the internet on which size primer is better and what size flash hole is better and what combination is best. You will get dozens of different reviews from U-Tubers. I am trying to find a Manufacture/Company/Testing Organization that has certified or actual true data on what is better and why.
If I find something that is actually verified, and data shows the results I will post links to it.

Do a search on the internet on which size primer is better and what size flash hole is better and what combination is best. You will get dozens of different reviews from U-Tubers. I am trying to find a Manufacture/Company/Testing Organization that has certified or actual true data on what is better and why.
If I find something that is actually verified, and data shows the results I will post links to it.
flanged holes vs non flanged holes are in the Machinist's Manual.