Why i like my 260 rem so much now that there is no ammo over the 6.5 cm

I only learned of the .260 maybe 8 years back or at least that I remember then researched it. it's not common in Australia and may not have been promoted previously

The internet and marketing may have been responsible for the Creedmore popularity.

I like my 7mm-08 so much that I'm having a .280ai built.

I would consider a .260 if I had reason to have something else.

I'm not considering skinny jeans, Latte drinks, Man buns, Hipster lifestyle or a Creedmore anytime soon. It's here to stay but many other seasoned cartridges still perform in real world situations.

I only learned of the .260 maybe 8 years back or at least that I remember then researched it. it's not common in Australia and may not have been promoted previously

The internet and marketing may have been responsible for the Creedmore popularity.

I like my 7mm-08 so much that I'm having a .280ai built.

I would consider a .260 if I had reason to have something else.

I'm not considering skinny jeans, Latte drinks, Man buns, Hipster lifestyle or a Creedmore anytime soon. It's here to stay but many other seasoned cartridges still perform in real world situations.
I like playing with all the guys on forums that in fun, bash the "Creed". I think it's just the name that gets under everyone's skin. The reality is, it's a good cartridge and real practical for many reasons. I prefer the .260 after having one and loading for it since the late 90s not many years after it was mainstreamed from it's wildcat designation. Always respected Jim Carmichael and followed his work on it before Remington picked it up. It's unpopularity in loaded ammunition is 180° to the reloader that's been around a while. We know it's value and appreciate it. I feel it will keep down spiraling with the introduction to all the new 6.5 offerings. The good news is, lapua makes brass as do many other good brass sources.

My new title to this thread, "Why I like my 308 so much now that there are no 6.5 bullets to be found..."

The occasional 30 cal bullet can be found but have not seen any 6.5 bullets in awhile.

In fact, the 6.5 crudmoor dies that were bought for me because I was going to buy one are still in the package...I can get by with a 300 win mag and 308 thank you!

My new title to this thread, "Why I like my 308 so much now that there are no 6.5 bullets to be found..."

The occasional 30 cal bullet can be found but have not seen any 6.5 bullets in awhile.

In fact, the 6.5 crudmoor dies that were bought for me because I was going to buy one are still in the package...I can get by with a 300 win mag and 308 thank you!
Yes and the Creedmore will never go where the .300wm does.
Maybe start stockpiling some powder if you haven't already, it has a big appetite..

I'm not a "Long Range Hunter" as such, more a long time shooter reading learning and hoping to improve my skills.

I don't really plan to hunt long range, maybe 300m max. If people do hunt long range , I suggest that you use a cartridge suitable for taking game at long range . The Needmore was designed for long range target shooting.

Everything is hard to find right now. And I still see more 6.5 Creedmoor ammo on the shelves than .260 Remington. Nothing wrong with either cartridge, but I don't see 260 for sale at big box stores like I see .243, .308, and 6.5 Creedmoor for sale. So I don't agree with 6.5 Creedmoor being hard to get. There's equal amounts of manufacturers making brass for Creedmoor as 260 and a whole lot more making loaded ammo for the Creedmoor.
The national Large GS I was in last week had .260 Rem & did not have Creed ammo.

That said my 6.5 is a .260.

Kinda funny - I was an early 6.5 CM adopter. This ended up being a real blessing during the last great Obama ammo scare, because 6.5 CM ammo and brass was ABOUT ALL that was left on the shelves. All because the 6.5 CM had not yet become insanely popular like it is today. .264 bullets were still pretty much available too...

I remember last ammo shortage-- the manufactures put "obscure" cartridges on hold to make more of the popular ammo cartridges. So for now, the 260 may be more available-- but I suggest you stock up as you never know whats gonna happen.

Kinda funny - I was an early 6.5 CM adopter. This ended up being a real blessing during the last great Obama ammo scare, because 6.5 CM ammo and brass was ABOUT ALL that was left on the shelves. All because the 6.5 CM had not yet become insanely popular like it is today. .264 bullets were still pretty much available too...
Are not 6.5mm bullets and .264 the same?

1. Buy 500-1000 pieces of brass
  2. Then buy the rifle
  3. Only feed that rifle handloads
  4. Laugh at people who say one chambering is superior to another because of one-off anecdote about an unprepared random guy during massive component and ammo shortage
  5. Shoot 30 cal thumpers anyways because they're inherently superior to the metrics

You forgot other steps
1a. Find brass that is in stock
1b. Find powder that is in stock
1c. Find primers in stock
1d. Find bullets in stock.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.