Why haven't you bought your wolf tag yet

HARPERC

I just read Montana's wolf tag sales are about half what they were last time, and Idaho is about a third. I'm curious as to why.
I haven't bought one, but will probably get one in Idaho after the first of the year to get full value out of a nonresident license.

Last edited:
I bought mine but I'm guessing a lot of folks are holding off because they don't expect the season to actually happen. That dickheadjudge in the 9th doesn't have a great track record, he tends to side with the nocommonsence crowd on these issues.

I guess I have been procrastinating a little. We have full intensions of buying them just haven't done it yet. But I will soon. Maybe today as we are going to town.

Jeff

I bought mine but I'm guessing a lot of folks are holding off because they don't expect the season to actually happen. That dickheadjudge in the 9th doesn't have a great track record, he tends to side with the nocommonsence crowd on these issues.
I'm guessing your right-felt that way myself. It seemed to pass after hearing somebody filled a Montana tag.

should be 2 more on mon we are hearing no one is jumping the gun on the 10 day turn in time. our bio told us this morning there are more out there to be checked. guess will see if he is right

I did not look this year as my tag was drawn in non wolf territory, but two years ago when they had a season the non resident tags were Hellas expensive. I am happy to help terminate wolves but if they want help from non residents, charge the same price as for residents. I had no problem with the old non resident big game tags...the new pr ice is another matter and may limit how often I come...but charging a stiff price for a wolf tag that is essentially a lottery ticket is not going to fly with many.

Would just love to buy a WOLF TAG BUT I'm in Pennsylvania, which would denied someone from Montana or Idaho from purchasing a tag or tags.

I did not look this year as my tag was drawn in non wolf territory, but two years ago when they had a season the non resident tags were Hellas expensive. I am happy to help terminate wolves but if they want help from non residents, charge the same price as for residents. I had no problem with the old non resident big game tags...the new pr ice is another matter and may limit how often I come...but charging a stiff price for a wolf tag that is essentially a lottery ticket is not going to fly with many.

From IDF&G's web site

Wolf tags, $11.50 for residents, $31.75 for nonresidents, are available at all Idaho license vendors.

Doesn't seem out of line to me?:D

not trying to be a smartass but were could u draw elk tags that dont have wolves in mt. gun)
The Missouri Breaks would be my bet.

I have bought my MT tag and am going on Sept 15. Fourteen wolves have been living 20 miles from my house and living on elk for too long. There are about 7 zillion people going after the ugly buggers and I suppose a few have tags........It will be a crap shoot horse race without tracking snow,
but this year I am not waiting for there hides to prime up. Should be a real good rodeo!

I do plan on purchasing an Idaho tag if the season is open in December to try to get a decent hide

Shame that Montana is raping us on cost of Non-resident $350 for the tag and and a lic is $343 so it would cost me 693 for a wolf.. sorry.. you guys can deal with them yourself... keep them...

I want to hunt them.. but I am not willing to pay that kind of money...

Idaho wants to clean up the problem so I am in on helping them...

Montana has too many folks from outside who are driving the bus... take a look at how many folks are relocating there from other areas and then you will understand why...

have to agree on the outsider thing.we been going at them for a week and know we can hear them from the back yard. we seen 2 less then 2 miles from the house in the river bottoms last night.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.