Who Shoots Crows? & with what

In NH, crows are considered a pest and no bag or possession limits. Always been that way, AFAIK. I just checked the NH hunting rules magazine and there is a season. Aug 15 to Nov 30 and March 15-31. I had no idea...... I always thought you could just shoot them any time you felt like it.

For all you "dad joke" lovers out there:

Why do you NEVER see any dead crows on the road???

Wait for it
Because there is ALWAYS one in a tree hollering CAW CAW CAW!!! :cool:

About as racist as can be....

More power to the Seagull....screaming
'Feedme..feedme...feedme'....

Used to blast a lot of them....small black trash bags tied to sticks on a windy field works good for decoys....then the dead ones laying on the ground give realism...
BUT..a wounded crow..is the golden buzzer.....

Used to blast a lot of them....small black trash bags tied to sticks on a windy field works good for decoys....then the dead ones laying on the ground give realism...
Yep it is

I have shot them for years. A Ruger 77v in .220 Swift was one of my favorites for a long time. Then I started using a TC Super 14 Contender in various calibers, settling on the .223. Lots of 200+ yard kills, with 11 doubles to date.

WS
I have the same contender. Nice and fast to get out the window, and less visible to the critters who are used to being shot at.

Doubles eh? Nice.

I wish we could shoot those nasty @$$ seagulls! 2nd LEAST favorite bird, right behind the Canadian goose!!!

VA has a season on them…….actually I get a kick out of them! They harass the crap out of my squirrels. However, they are not destroying my fields or orchards. When I do hunt them I use a .22 FX Crown MK II
525C9634-B751-427A-A669-0E0C1F3E078F.png

VA has a season on them…….actually I get a kick out of them! They harass the crap out of my squirrels. However, they are not destroying my fields or orchards. When I do hunt them I use a .22 FX Crown MK II
View attachment 446187
When I was stationed out in VA in the early 90s I made some friends out your way in Iron Gate. Great crow numbers in the fall out there. The landowners would let me and a buddy camp on their land just down from the confluence of the Cowpasture and Jackson? rivers. The crows would roost up on the ridge above the river. At the time, the land on our side of the river was tillable - corn and beans. We would set up in the corn stubble with one decoy. We learned that they would send a scout down first. He would land in the stub of a tree on the field trail between fields and give the all clear. Once he gave the 'Safe to come eat' call, the rest would start dropping down in bunches of 5 to 30. As long as we were set up in time and killed that scout crow they just kept coming, and the shooting didn't seem to bother the birds up on the ridge. We had a lot of 50+ crow days and rarely killed fewer than 20 in a morning. I really miss the crow, turkey, bear, dove, and deer hunting in Virginia.

When I was stationed out in VA in the early 90s I made some friends out your way in Iron Gate. Great crow numbers in the fall out there. The landowners would let me and a buddy camp on their land just down from the confluence of the Cowpasture and Jackson? rivers. The crows would roost up on the ridge above the river. At the time, the land on our side of the river was tillable - corn and beans. We would set up in the corn stubble with one decoy. We learned that they would send a scout down first. He would land in the stub of a tree on the field trail between fields and give the all clear. Once he gave the 'Safe to come eat' call, the rest would start dropping down in bunches of 5 to 30. As long as we were set up in time and killed that scout crow they just kept coming, and the shooting didn't seem to bother the birds up on the ridge. We had a lot of 50+ crow days and rarely killed fewer than 20 in a morning. I really miss the crow, turkey, bear, dove, and deer hunting in Virginia.
Yep, both form into the James river there. Huge dairy farm in that Y. I use to hunt a big dairy farm off 43 just south of there near Eagle Rock. Both crows and geese all over the fields. Killed a bunch of groundhogs there too.