Whiskey Mtn sheep herd Dubois WY

So how did all these animals co-exist before we humans showed up? Wolves, bears and coyotes have just as much right to be there as their prey does. You guys won't be happy until every other meat eater is wiped out. It's okay for humans to eat elk, sheep and deer, but wolves and bears can't? A healthy ecosystem has predators AND prey

By no means did I or any other member here say wipe out all the other meat eaters. I can promise no one wants the wolves and grizzlies wiped out , but also there is a fine line between enough and a few or way to many. The reason we as hunters need to help keep them in check is there is no where near enough land for them to be spread out the way the good lord intended. Like there was several hundred years ago .
I'm sure if you'd look at the last 25 year of animal densities compared to a 100 years ago you'd see that for the most part all species is up . And that is due to good conservation by people ,and a lot of HUNTERS DOLLARS!!!
So with the wolves and big bears wrecking fawn survival and 'only' killing the sick and old it won't be long until there will not be a huntable population.
And that is as I said previously exactly what mr and mrs save the unicorn is after!!!

I love how you all **** and moan about the tree huggers like they don't care about the environment. Hunters aren't the only ones who spend money on nature. None if you have a problem with reversing the clean water act? Or fracking? Or the fact that there's no such thing as "clean coal"? But by all means,f keep on voting for the guys who continually use our natural resources as a dumping ground. And then go hide behind the 2nd amendment crap as a justification for it.

A liberal with guns. Do you even hunt ? Buy a hunting license ? Wisconsin isn't Wyoming , Idaho or Montana. You might have a few wolves infiltrating from Mn. or Mi.. What $ do you contribute to wildlife/habitat? Save the wolf ? I bet if they released a bunch of wolves in your state and you did hunt and by court order you couldn't control wolves for 20 yrs. and your whitetail population and moose population was down by 50 % probably not you but hunters in your state would be very upset. But animal rights groups would be cheering because of less humans hunting . I'll refrain from saying what I really want to because people like you are insignificant parasites . 2nd admendment crap ? Why are you on this site anyway ? Infiltrating ? Don't go away mad. Just go away .

Last edited:
Do you have any idea how much money tax payers spend for government hunters to shoot problem wolves and Grizzlies in the 3 states ? To shoot mountain lions in Ca. ? All because they can t be hunted . Money from hunters that could be put to good use but instead we pay the government to do what we could do and the fish and game dept. would benefit.

I love how you all ---- and moan about the tree huggers like they don't care about the environment. Hunters aren't the only ones who spend money on nature. None if you have a problem with reversing the clean water act? Or fracking? Or the fact that there's no such thing as "clean coal"? But by all means,f keep on voting for the guys who continually use our natural resources as a dumping ground. And then go hide behind the 2nd amendment crap as a justification for it.
Paint with a push broom much?

A liberal with guns. Do you even hunt ? Buy a hunting license ? Wisconsin isn't Wyoming , Idaho or Montana. You might have a few wolves infiltrating from Mn. or Mi.. What $ do you contribute to wildlife/habitat? Save the wolf ? I bet if they released a bunch of wolves in your state and you did hunt and by court order you couldn't control wolves for 20 yrs. and your whitetail population and moose population was down by 50 % probably not you but hunters in your state would be very upset. But animal rights groups would be cheering because of less humans hunting . I'll refrain from saying what I really want to because people like you are insignificant parasites . 2nd admendment crap ? Why are you on this site anyway ? Infiltrating ? Don't go away mad. Just go away .

Well said

If I remember correctly I read where up in Maryland a few years back they had to pay 'sharpshooters' to help thin the deer herd down . I believe the cost was around 450 a deer . So that is a wonderful way for our tax dollars to be spent. So much more economical than letting hunters that are more than willing to help .
But I guess if there were wolves there to eradicate the deer herd they wouldn't have had to shoot them . Oh but wait a minute there couldn't be wolves there because the city and all the fancy houses wouldn't have some place to be built.
As I previously stated by no means do I want to see wolves or any other critter exterminated but we do need to keep the population in check and that is very possible with proper management.
When ever emotions get in the way and the tears start flowing it blurs the vision of what is right by the animals and the people.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.