Whiskey Mtn sheep herd Dubois WY

This was the premier Big Horn heard and it's sad to see it decline!
I was so lucky to hunt it in the distant past. Again this is the result of bad management and now the sheep have to deal with the Canadian Timber Wolf! As they spread in their range they will continue to impact game heards. Continue to have bad management practices and denied impact of judicial, political, and emotional interference we can expect to see more of the same!

Move the sheep...or kill the wolves....those sheep going higher to escape the predators..sooner or later run out of safe territory.....
"Human Stupidity" is what's killing all the weak and defenseless animals...
"The wolves only kill the sick and elderly....." dumbasses....what about the fawns, the kids, the calves....the ones not yet big enough to e en have a chance ro outrun a wolf....then the next...then the next...
We are seeing the end of our animals to hunts....
Say good-bye to family heritage....

I was so lucky to hunt it in the distant past. Again this is the result of bad management and now the sheep have to deal with the Canadian Timber Wolf! As they spread in their range they will continue to impact game heards. Continue to have bad management practices and denied impact of judicial, political, and emotional interference we can expect to see more of the same!

Move the sheep...or kill the wolves....those sheep going higher to escape the predators..sooner or later run out of safe territory.....
"The wolves only kill the sick and elderly....." dumbasses....what about the fawns, the kids, the calves....the ones not yet big enough to e en have a chance ro outrun a wolf....then the next...then the next...
That's why the wolves and coyotes run in packs, they take turns harassing the sheep, deer or elk not allowing them to feed or sleep naturally making even the strongest weak after time.
So sad for our wildlife, completely out of balance. Now there's talk about transplanting grizzly bears in the west. It may be sick of me but I think that will be fun to watch, after all they were here before us, you know the liberal feel good, kinda gives you that tingling feeling

Different than sheep you are talking about, but have a couple hundred acres outside of San Antonio. Only one of my neighbors trap or hunt coyotes, and they kill the heck out of deer. Have trapped 66 in under 3 years. Incredible what they are doing to wildlife. One neighbor says hardly ever see many deer anymore. Duh! Kill the coyotes stupid.

I would say, given the increase of human activity in our CO alpine areas, that there is some factor due to humans here. To single out the wolves impact does not address all possible issues. I could care less that someone hunts a wolf but to solve a problem is to solve it effectively, IMO.

And we know they pull down adult elk and moose. That's we they cut moose tags in n/w Wy. down to nothing. They wreck havoc on elk herds in Id. and Wy. Also. If you want a moose now you have to go to the Bighorn Mtns.
Heck on Yellowstone show not only did they go after elk but they pulled down a buffalo. Now the bambi lovers and their judges a doing the same thing with Grizzlies.

Last edited:
A lot of grizzlies near Dubois also.

And we know they pull down adult elk and moose. That's we they cut moose tags in n/w Wy. down to nothing.
I had an interesting conversation with a wildlife biologist assigned to the moose around Moran just northeast of GTNP.
She had 16 moose in her study area.
All of her mortalities were caused by vehicles. She didn't lose a single animal from predation.
There's no shortage of predators up there.

I'm from TX, hate coyotes and shoot all I can. Can only imagine what wolves can go. But my question is, do Grizzlies take down that many big animals? I didn't think they had the stamina to run long distances by chasing deer and elk only the new born.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.