Which stock?

Andy W

I have a lefty Remington LSS that I have re-barreled with a 28" #7 Lilja and I find the factory stock a little short and narrow in the forend. I mainly use this gun for informal target shooting and hunting. I am torn between the Mcmillan General purpose hunting and the A5. Someone also suggested the Winchester Marksman stock. Any input from owners of any of these stocks would be appreciated.

I don't know what you mean by "general purpose hunting", buy I have #7 28" lilja that I put in a Mcmillian remington hunter stock and its awesome. A5 would be great if you want a tac stock, but you'll wait a looooong time.

the winchester marksman is a good all around stock do is the winchester Varmint I personaly like the latter of the two.
the Sako varmint is also a realy comfortable stock from McMillan.

If your gonna be shooting mostly from a bench or prone then one of the A series stock would be my first choice.

You can get a laminated A5 stock from Joel Russo here on the board for about half the price of the McMillan and about 1/4 the wait ,and he has a large selection of colors plus you can sand and rasp the grip area to fit your hand with out worrying about ruining the stock. Joel is a great guy to deal with , I have 3 of his stocks and plan to use more as projects arise
Tom Manners is another member here that makes some realy intersting looking stocks , I think Kirby has used a couple and several other members have them and like what they offer

+1 with the wood laminates from Joel.if you like the A-5, his laminate version is sweet. if you want it a little different, just talk to him and he can probably accommodate you. call him any time, in fact call him the middle of the night and tell him Mr. Wilson said too. 717-805-0940.

i have a joel russo stock A5 laminate for a 308 savage 26 in. fluted barrel im getting ready to work on it is a fantastic stock i got it in 5 weeks and Joel is a real nice guy to do businesses with I'm going to see if he can do a encore set for me

JIM

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts