which Sightron SIII should I get ?

Hello, I just bought my first gun, a Tikka T3 lite in .300WM
I"m looking to practice target shooting and practice to shoot at up to 1200yards.

I want to buy a scope that I would keep while I change guns & possibly move up to .338lm.

I was looking to spend around 500$ but none of the options had good enough feedback, so after some intensive research seeking the best value for the money I decided on a Sightron SIII

now I need to figure out which version of the SIII I should get.
I'm probably going to get a MOA since it seems to be the most popular and most user friendly.

so here's my question, which magnification should I get for a comfortable use up to 1200yards.
which combination of MOA reticle type and click value should I get ?
1/8moa? 1/4moa? fch dot mildot mrad ?? I don't even know what that means

thanks !

I would go with the 6-24x50 with the MOA reticle. I use the 6-24x50 and I really like it. The only downfall i have found with mine is the turrets turn just a bit easy for my likings. Sometimes when I pull it out of my eberlestock the windeage will turn a couple click. I also worked out a zero stop mechanisim using O rings. Not the best but it does work. The glass in these scopes are excellent! Do you know where you will purchase it from. I ordered mine through Brian at Shoot-long.com he has great service and great prices.

Sightron SIII Tactical 6-24X50LRMOA New MOA-2 Reticle | Shoot-Long

I also have the 6-24 MOA reticle, it is on a 300 wm. The glass is truly awesome and will get to 1200 and beyond. Whatever you choose, make sure the reticle matches the turret, moa/moa or mil/mil. That will make things easier on you. I would get 1/4 moa because 1/8 is too much clicking for my taste.

8-32X56 LRMOA here on a 300RUM. GREAT scope for the $. More power is better. You can read mirage up high if you choose then dial it back if you must.

I bought my SIII 8-32x56 LRMD for 1000 yd shooting. I'd recommend that magnification range as well for you.

Last edited:
Thank you guys !
I bought a Sightron S3 25148 with the MRAD turrets and MILDOT reticle. I figured metric would be easier for me.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts