Which Leupold . Help

Mt.Boy

Trying to decide on 2 scopes. The 6.5x20x50 lrt or the 8.5x25x50 lrp. Anyone can give the pros and cons on these. Will go on a heavy barreled 22-250ai. Never owned a Leupold looking for some advice thank you.

I have the 65-20x50 lrp.....
I like it...big turrets..easy to see from behind the gun...
Lite weight.....
For myself I don't mind packing it.....packed the 26nosler today that it is attached on......great glass...has tracked from 300 to 1000 yards and back when being shot.....
Find one or the other at a big discount and it's even better...
I bought fhe first for 750.....still looking for the second.....
And has Leupold lifetime warranty.......beats lots of others....dont need to spend 2 or 3 times more either....plenty of scope....

I have no idea which one has better glass but just looking at the features, the lrt has a a second focal plane reticle and the lrp is available with a first focal plane reticle. Throw in more zoom with probably similar level glass between them(someone correct me if I'm wrong) and I would get the lrp.

I have a mk4 lr/t sfp but I am hooked on ffp reticles thanks to my father in laws nightforce...

The only pro that Lupy has going on is they do well on coating their lenses.
Being a leupold is a con.

I have a 6.5-20 lrp ffp that I've used to shoot out to 1200 yards multiple times with no problems.I think the lrt has the same glass or very close as the lrp but it only comes in sfp so if you want ffp go with the lrp.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.