Which Butler Creek Scope Caps for Nightforce Scope ??

rangerman

I have finally went big time and have a new NXS 5.5 x 22 x 56 Nightforce scope ordered from Bob Beck. Does anyone use the Butler Creek scope caps on their Nightforce and could you tell me what size (number) I will need? Also, if anyone has any other recommendations for protecting the lens or is using something different I would appreciate your comments. I know it will come with the rubber bikini lens protector - would this be satisfactory or should I just go ahead and get the Butler Creek scope covers? I've used these caps before and have them on several other guns and they seem to work fine. Your suggestions or advice would be most appreciated.

One issue I have seen with flip open caps and night force scopes is that the entire eye piece turns when zooming, this means that a flip open cap rotates as you change the power and seems to be always in the way......it's a minor annoyance but one to consider. I'm guessing the scopes you have them on allow them to flip open and stay in place.

Congrats on the new scope! I have also sent Bob some funds for a couple(5.5-22x56) NF scopes. He is great to do business with. I decided to go with the XP-6 scopecoats, one 15.5 inches long, and another 19.5 inches long to work with or without the lense shade in place. I have used various other scopecoat products for years with good results. They are not as quick as flip ups, but the full scope protection has saved some pretty good scratches and dings on more than one occasion.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.