Which bullet for a 6mm Dasher/F-Class

CHARLIEDUECE65

I have a 6 Dasher built. The barrel is 28" long and an 8 twist. For a max range at f-class of 600 yards, which bullet would you recommend? I was wondering about the 95 gr smk, 95 gr berger, or should a guy stay with the 105-107-108 gr weights?

i would say the heavier ones will do better. have been on benchrest.com ( f-cllass) and accuraterifle/6mmbr?

Run 107 SMKs at about 2850 berger is having a bit of a runout inconsistency with there jacket/core bonding so I'd stay away from them for paper punching until the next batch is run.

I've never shot F-Class, so I can't offer anything really. But I do have a question for you.

Just wondering why you didn't mention the 115's? I've heard the 8 twist will handle them in some guns. I'd think the long barrel would give you the ability to try them maybe? Is it because the Dasher doesn't push them fast enough to really be of benefit at 600 yds? Just curious is all.

Thanks for the suggestions/info, I have never fired this rifle yet. I will need to order some bullets since I'm almost out of the 107 sierras and just wanted experienced suggestions before I place my order for more. My thinking was if I could fire a lighter bullet faster if it would make up for the drop,etc. I have read where the 105 amax shoots better than the sierra 107. I do have some jlk 115's that I recently ordered, but I was saving them for my 243 and another cartridge. Maybe i'll try a few and see. Any comments.

Last edited:
i have shot 95 grain bergers in a 243 ai at 3200 in a 7.5 twist 30in long barrel i can hold half moa to 600 no problem try the 105 107 s i dont think a 1 and 8 will stabilize a 115 i had problems with them 95s should be fine.use 4831sc works great for me

The 115's did not work well in my standard 1-8" twist 6BR. I am shooting 500 meter groundhog matches with a Dasher. I like the 108 gr. Bib and the 105 gr. Bergers with bout 30.5 gr. H4895, running around 3 grand.

I really like the 95 gr. BIB's in standard 6BR, but they are not as effective at 500 as the 105-108 bullets.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.