which barrel maker will flute this?

Tikkamike

I am going to rebarrel my remington 700 CDL 300 win with a faster twist. I want a barrel that closely matches my current contour it is .560 at the muzzle. Who will make one and flute it in this contour made of crome moly? I want a krieger but they are not set up to flute a contour this small. I know it can be done cause my remington barrel is fluted..

Secondly I am considering rebarreling it in stainless unfluted. krieger will not make a barrel that small in stainless. is there anyone that will? does anyone advise against it?

Shilen makes a stainles that small. Not sure if they will flute it. They seem to be against fluting on their web site.

Yea that sounds better. There is a good reason why nobody will flute a 308 barrel that small. You only have .121 wall thickness with a .55 muzzle. The thinest we run ours in fluting is closer to .15. I agree with other barrel makers its not something anyone who cares will do because its dangerous. Go with the bigger barrel and only thing that will need done is some hogging on the barrel channel to make it fit again.

Bobby I'm assuming you are Bobby Hart? I sent you an email asking g a few questions. My barrel channel is about as big as I would like it to be. I do t want the rails to get too thin. I'm leaning more towards a stainless unfluted barrel now so I want something in the neighborhood of what I have now give It take a little. Shilen makes a stainless at. 700 that would work what do you offer? I would like to call and talk to you about some questions I have if that's possible

Nope its Lawton. I would have to check to see what i have in the works but i could let you know.

bobby

Oh good deal. I forgot I have a good friend I was in the military with Sean Nye. He is from Dillon too. I actually just became aware you did barrels. I need to call you too. What is a good number? I'm interested in several of your products.

I would also check with Dan Lilja of Lilja rifle Barrels. When I want a barrel to shoot light out, I call Dan

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.