enee menee miny moe, which barrel maker do I go?

I really like both Hart and Benchmark, I don't know if Hart has the right twist rate available or not and I know Benchmark does.
I've done several 270 WSM's for the Matrix bullets and a 28in barrel works well and will get you mid 3000's with the 165's and around 3000fps with the 175's without pushing it hard.

Wow Bigngreen, someone else who likes the .270wsm and see the potential.
Would you mind sharing some load data? I have no idea where to start. My nosler book does not go that high in bullet weight. Right now, with nos. 140 gr Bal. I use RL19, 3080fps, and half min at 400, with factory barrel and furniture

Third Generation has Benchmark .277 sporter barrels with a 9 inch twist in stock. Their price for a non fluted is $5 more than the Benchmark group buy price and the fluted ones are $15 less than the group buy price.

Ya, I ordered from Third Generation earlier today for a 6.5 build and saw the .277's and had to resist hooking up on one!!

I've been shooting 66 grains of Retumbo under the 165's for 3060 fps with a 27 in barrel, my reamer is set up with .180 freebore to get them out where they need to be and I single feed them on a short action. Taken elk out in the 900 yards range with them very easily, my buddy and I have killed a lot of elk and deer with the 165's and they are awesome!
I run the 150's in the 3200 fps range and the 140's 3300 fps range and the 110 TTSX at 3600ish.
The Norma brass is excellent in this case, H1000 and Retumbo work well but this winter I'll put the 270 WSM barrel back on and test R33 which I think may be stunning in this case!

Ya, I ordered from Third Generation earlier today for a 6.5 build and saw the .277's and had to resist hooking up on one!!

I've been shooting 66 grains of Retumbo under the 165's for 3060 fps with a 27 in barrel, my reamer is set up with .180 freebore to get them out where they need to be and I single feed them on a short action. Taken elk out in the 900 yards range with them very easily, my buddy and I have killed a lot of elk and deer with the 165's and they are awesome!
I run the 150's in the 3200 fps range and the 140's 3300 fps range and the 110 TTSX at 3600ish.
The Norma brass is excellent in this case, H1000 and Retumbo work well but this winter I'll put the 270 WSM barrel back on and test R33 which I think may be stunning in this case!

I will be single feed these rounds, and I see that you freebore. Is .180 a good number? I have heard that term many times, and I have an Idea what it means, is this what is called bullet jump? these are things i am trying to learn, and I know my smith will be able to help out some. I just really trust the info I get from you guys.
If bullet jump and freebore are different, what are the differences?
Thank,
Craig

What groove would anybody recommend? Some have said that 4 would be great. Easy to clean, and not raise the pressures and or hinder the FPS. Thoughts?lightbulb

Brux on its way , along with 175 gr Matrix. Now have to figure out some load data for the heavy pills. Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciatedgun).

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.