Which AR

Stob

So I've avoided these ARs for all this time. I have a couple Mini14s if I have the need to spray and pray. But with the atmosphere of today, I'm thinking maybe I should get one if nothing else for spite of the administration.

So which is a decent buy? Not looking for the latest and greatest full blown tactical, but a ground floor decent AR. If I want to embelish it later, I can.

Thanks.

Look this guy up. RangerWalker71
I have not purchased anything from him yet. But I will!!!
I have spent some time and several calls to him and he knows his stuff and will build what you want with the budget u give him. But he will only use quality parts. That's what I got from him and he is very knowledgable.
He is a sponser here and his business is colonial armory.
Hope this helps
Mario

For a ground floor descent AR there is a bunch of them. I have a DPMS that is very accurate and affordable. There are so many of them out there its hard to choose on the low, mid and upper level. You can also have a lot of fun building one of your own as there are several shops that offer classes on them as well as a lot of online instruction. Again, I have no issues with my DPMS and about the only thing I plan to do is swap out my trigger .

I have a Delton and a Colt. Both run well and I trust them both.
If you want a good reliable AR, then I recommend the Colt 6920...

I strongly recommend an Alexander Arms 6.5 Grendel. It can do 1000 yards if/when you are ready for it, has far more energy/stability than 5.56, and makes a good deer gun too. If I was forced to only own a single long gun, that's what it would be. Hornady makes some good factory loads for it in the 123 Amax and 123 SST. Hand loading for it is fairly easy with plenty of reload components available, but it can take time to find a load the specific gun likes. My second choice would be a DPMS LR-308. Fantastic for general purpose, and huge supply of factory loads as well as one of the biggest supplies of reload components.

Best way I've found get a palmetto state armory complete lower and then choose you caliber. My two best shooting ar's are my psa ones. Cheapest but shoot the best I am really impressed.

I'm partial to DPMS, the quality you get for the price you pay cannot be beat (full disclosure, anything made in Minnesota I'm partial too :)) I also have a Alexander arms in 5.56 which is ok, same ball park price range as DPMS but the quality isn't there. As others have said PSA is a fantastic one stop shop for a "DIY"er but again for money, time, quality, convenience...go with DPMS. My .02 and your mileage may vary.

I have a Delton and a Colt. Both run well and I trust them both.
If you want a good reliable AR, then I recommend the Colt 6920...

I like Del-Ton so much. I usually say "You get what you pay for". But you get a ton more than you pay for with Del-Ton. The fit and finish, accuracy, reliability, just all of it rocks.

Best way I've found get a palmetto state armory complete lower and then choose you caliber. My two best shooting ar's are my psa ones. Cheapest but shoot the best I am really impressed.

I just picked up 2 more PSA blem lowers for $80 each. Just to have on hand "in case" the government does something stupid. I also ordered 6 more magazines for the same reason.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.